Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Plug or unplugged????

Natasha, on July 17, 2018 at 00:44 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 19
I’ve recently been reading about unplugged ceremonies on the site. I wanted to know what are your thoughts and preference and why?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on July 23, 2018 at 23:22
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am still seriously considering this but I think we are leaning towards unplugged as I want the focus to be on us not on getting the perfect picture.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a pretty small wedding and didn't go unplugged. Some people took photos with their cameras and maybe their phones but it didn't really affect anything and I also didn't really notice them. I think you should do whatever you want. If you know your friends and family are social media fiends then I would suggest unplugged in case photos get out before you mean for them to.

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am ALWAYS on my phone, but I am very respectful at ceremonies and normal social events, so I am having an unplugged. As others have mentioned, if I'm paying good money to a photographer, I'm not having it ruined by someone else posting a maybe not great photo on their social media before I get a chance to.

My cousin's ceremony photos were ruined by another cousin trying to outdo the photographer in getting photos. I was horrified.

I also will have a camera set up live streaming, because I have a lot of family members that won't be able to go, and some of them asked me to do this, so I don't want a bunch of people getting into that shot either.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unplugged for sure. Ive been talking about the importance of no phones at the wedding for MONTHS. and i think everyone understands how we feel about being in the moment. and the last thing we want are people holding phones in the pictures. We are paying THE MOST money to our photographers and we want to keep them beautiful.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also having an unplugged ceremony. We had a sign created that asks all of our guests to put away their phones and cameras so that they can be fully present with us. I have seen other peoples wedding photos from their photographers and it's hard not to notice all the phones and cameras stick out in the isle when the bride walks down.

It's nice when you can see everyone's faces instead of their phones.

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unplugged for the ceremony for sure! If we're paying for a professional photographer, I think they can wait to snap some shots of us until after we say I do.
    I went to a wedding recently where they hired a professional photographer, and the bride's mom was literally a foot away from couple while they said their vows with her ipad. In the aisle. In front of everyone. It was awful. Not only were their professional photos compromised for their ceremony, but no one else was able to enjoy the moment with them. I know that's a bit extreme, but still. Unplugged all the way.

At the reception though, I expect selfies and instagram photos for days.

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're definitely doing UNPLUGGED, it wont be hard...most of our guests are older & not too technology savvy.

We're dropping a great price, on a great photographer & to us a church, where we're getting married, is a sacred place, not a selfie opportunity.

There will be more than enough time to take photos at the reception Smiley laugh

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saw these posted on Facebook and it traumatized me and my fiancé lol so we are having an unplugged ceremony.

Plug or unplugged???? 1

Plug or unplugged???? 2

Plug or unplugged???? 3

Plug or unplugged???? 4

Plug or unplugged???? 5

Plug or unplugged???? 6
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Doesn't matter to me. we are on our phones a lot. so shoot away. but no live video/feed. we are having our officiant say no one get in the aisle and in front of the photographer. and we are asking that no one do a live feed or post a photo before we do (we will post a photo fairly quickly after the ceremony).

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our 50ish group of family and guests know that I’m forever plugged in, so the “chuckle” of the day will come when our officiant announces that guests are welcome to be plugged in and the only one not allowed to have their phone is me.😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Plugged wedding allowing phones to record, yet not have the volume on.

Our venue had a section with a rock wall facing the water seperating the guests within distance. It allowed our photographer and videographer to capture the ceremony.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having it plugged. We aren't going to tell people to not have their phones or have them turned off because I don't think we have the right to do that and people will do it anyways. I want people to be able to take pictures and enjoy their time.

I understand why some people don't want them to be distracted but people will go on their phones regardless so I'm going to let them do their thing lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unplugged because I want my guests to be present during the ceremony instead of distracted.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to do unplugged. It's more polite given at any social occasion people are distracted and on their phones. Also heard it can interfere with the photographer when people are obstructing the view or trying to take videos
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the ceremony we are having it unplugged. I want people to be present and not watching through the screen of their phones. I also feel I’m paying someone a butt load of cash to take photos, the last thing I want is a photo of us and a bunch of hands up in the air holding phones. Nope nada!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We allowed cameras. I have enjoyed seeing the pictures everyone took and don’t have to wait three months for the professional ones. I get why people like unplugged ceremonies. We put flower pots at the end of the aisle to try to avoid people from stepping into the aisle. We also asked for more close-up photos of me walking down the aisle rather than the ones from down the aisle. We also had two photographers so we will get both.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree with Brittany and Tyana, unplugged all the way. In addition to not wanting cellphone in my photographers photos, I want guests to be present. My wedding is going to be very special and unique with the incorporation of my indigenous culture. It will likely be something only my dad’s side of the family will have seen. Any wedding is special tho and everyone has the right to ask for an unplugged ceremony. I’m going to have a family member to ask everyone to turn off their phones during the ceremony and let them know they can get photos from my photographers album and that once they choose I can send them to them. As for during the reception I’m fine with cellphones.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ditto to Tyana.
    I don't want cell phones in my professional photos, I don't want my guests distracted on their Snapchat while we are saying our vows, and I don't want the first photo of the new Mr and Mrs to be on my cousin's new girlfriend's Instagram...
    It gives you your best chance to bring the ceremony back to what it should be about, 100% focus on the bride and groom!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unplugged! The way I see it, I'm paying a lot of money to have a professional capture my ceremony and I dont want phones interfering with an important moment and blocking the camera. Besides that, anyone taking pictures of the ceremony really doesnt need them unless their plans are to post on social media before I want them to. In either case, I dont want those photos being taken and posted before my photographer has the chance to post something that she took! Anyone who I want to see on my day will be there with me.

I dont mind reception pictures (I encourage them!) Because they're showing off the fun night that I've planned. My ceremony is personal to me and I do t want it being broadcasted without my permission before I'm ready!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics