Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Please help! Suggestions for wording on invites.

Krysta, on February 20, 2018 at 22:03 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
We are having our wedding ceremony at city hall followed by dinner service (for 45 ppl) at a local steakhouse. We are covering all costs (dinner and drinks). Ive had feedback from a couple guests, they were unsure if they were paying for their own meal or not. How should I convey to my guests that they will not be paying for their dinner? We will be sending out invites. Because its not the typical ceremony and reception, how should we word the invites so guests know they will NOT be paying for dinner/drinks? Thx Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 22, 2018 at 22:21
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wording for the meal can be phrased:

Reception followed by wedding at location for time provided.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think all of the previous suggestions are great! I think you can advise people in several ways without coming outright and saying "we're paying for everything".

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the "Be our guest" wording. I think it conveys that you are hosting and therefore paying without coming outright and saying it.

If you have a wedding website, you could put the link on the invites and then put information about the dinner on there (Dinner will be provided for our guests at...) something like that, maybe?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's weird to me that people would think they have to pay when they attend a wedding, but since people have asked, it's a good idea to make it clear. The first word I thought of was "complementary meal"

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I replied in your other thread but will copy it here too:

Hmm not sure, but perhaps something like "hosted dinner and cocktails to follow at [name/address of restaurant]"? Kinda like "host bar" means paid for by the couple.

Or "be our guests at [restaurant] following the ceremony"

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe try wording something like "reception to follow...." usually with that wording I assume that the dinner is being paid for by the bride and groom. And if anyone needed clarification they would only need to ask me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics