Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Please help. i can’t sleep this is making me sick

Alyx, on September 9, 2021 at 13:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

I’m really freaking out. Help please!! I can’t even sleep.
My wedding date is September 30th 2022. We have most things booked. Except DJ florist and photographer. We were supposed to pay for those this week then my fiancé decided because of the new restrictions that it’s risky to pay our vendors because we may loose all our money. (Canada has made mandatory vaccination cards. He’s against it and I’m for it) I had appointments booked to get my dress October 1st. We booked our bachelorette party. Like I’ve basically planned my whole wedding. All this planning and I have done it all myself. The only reason we’re having a big wedding is because it’s what I want he doesn’t care for it but he wants me to have the wedding of my dreams. I have no idea what to do. Now I’m going to loose these spots with the rest of my vendors. All my planning will be for nothing. There’s not much I can say to him, like I’ve researched and googled what wedding will be like in 2022 and nothing there’s no information! In all of our contracts there isn’t a covid clause saying we can get our money back. So I understand where my fiancé is coming from. But what if everything this is fine by 2022 we wasted the year and all that planning when we could’ve had the wedding??? Am I crazy??

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 11, 2021 at 17:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have made a great effort to make your vendor team come together with a few more to add on the list. Make the arrangements as you need and it will be done as you want your day to happen spoken by your fiance. You wouldn't lose all the deposit though the time frame depends on the cancellations besides the covid flaw.

He can make a sacrifice to have an intimate family wedding if he feels the wedding should be earlier and have the photos and video taken as the reception celebration can be held for next year with all your vendors booked. I see he wants to be safe and secure about this time as you want the whole thing to happen with a big bang. You deserve to have the happiness of your day too as you envision it.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you everyone for the advise. It seems all we could do is transfer our date. But is vaccine passports are a thing by then with our venue and my fiancé doesn’t want his then we will probably have to cancel. I think we can only transfer our date if it’s a covid restriction like capacity in the room.
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that you should definitely book the remaining vendors and just wait and see. So much can happen in a year and I don't think anyone can be completely prepared for what may happen now. Again, double check with the vendors about what they would do to accommodate covid situations. You're definitely not planning all this for nothing, good luck!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh sorry! I read this completely wrong and thought you said 2021! Just make sure you have good cancellation policies with your vendors in the event you need to postpone or cancel. Most vendors will be flexible.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely don’t condone Alberta’s approach to things, but since they’re being so relaxed with restrictions I’d be surprised if you can’t have your wedding on the 30th. And I could be wrong but I don’t believe Alberta is implementing vaccine cards/passports? So that shouldn’t be an issue for your wedding unless they make a drastic policy change against what they’ve been saying for months.
    But I totally understand if you decide not to have it now because it’s not safe or a smart idea.Like Hank has suggested, maybe you should reach out to your vendors and ask them what your options are. Most vendors are flexible and want your business even if they have to push it back several months or a year.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just because a vendor sends you a contract, doesn't mean it's the only version you have to sign. Like pricing, contracts can be negotiated.

What you can do to minimize risk is negotiate for clauses in the contract about covid. Try to get in writing what happens if you're legally unable to host the wedding on the specified date. Some vendors will say they will postpone to a next available date, some will refund you completely. Whatever their policy/offer is, you can use that to determine whether you should sign with them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics