Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie October 2023 Ontario

Planning wedding

Mary, on June 21, 2023 at 10:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hi Everyone! I'm planning our wedding and a baptism for our son this October, while family is down to celebrate with us. I'm a little stressed as I don't know where to start with not a very big budget.
What are some things I would definitely need for reception and things I could do without. Not looking for anything over the top. Just sweet and simple and affordable! Lol any advice will be greatly appreciated

4 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on June 22, 2023 at 10:06
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October is great for free Decorations. You can use the leaves on the ground and lay them on the tables to look like runners, pumpkins and mums are cheap as well.

Planning wedding 1

Planning wedding 2

Planning wedding 3

Planning wedding 4

Planning wedding 5

Planning wedding 6

Planning wedding 7

Also Michaels coupons are great for guest books, even look on Marketplace you can find so many things for cheap to save the cost. Flowers if you are looking at that, see if you have a farmers market and you can get fresh flowers for bouquets, or if you want silk see if someone in your area does silk flowers at a low cost. If you are in the Ottawa area I can hook you up. Then you can use your decorations for your sons baptism.

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on how simple you want it, venues that allow you to bring your own alcohol and food can save you quite a bit. Someone already said faux flowers which really are beautiful. If you’re hiring vendors like dj/ photographers look for those starting out in the business. They are likely to offer lower rates to increase their portfolio.
    I have attended a couple very simple weddings (these two did not have djs) that were absolutely gorgeous and so much fun! I’m sure yours will be no different. Good luck, and happy planning!
  • Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saved a lot by doing a few things: artificial flowers (mine are from Amazon and Etsy and they’re beautiful), flower cost came to about $500 (5 bouquets and 6 boutonnières). I said my wedding cake was for a bday party and was quoted about a third of wedding cake prices, don’t tell them it’s for a wedding! I found a local girl on FB to do all of my decoration rentals (about 100 guests, all ceremony aisle decor, guestbook and signing tables, signage, centrepieces, and altar came to under $700). Look for venues that either don’t have a minimum spend or it’s a low one so you can control your budget a bit more. We are doing a toonie bar until 10pm then guests pay their own so we aren’t responsible for as much of the liquor cost. I didn’t follow this rule but was told to get a dress that is a workable length so you don’t have to hem it. I do see why that tip was given after I saw the cost of alterations. There are also consignment and second hand dress stores.
    Planning wedding 8
    Planning wedding 9
    Planning wedding 10

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What is your budget and how many people are on your absolute must attend list? That pretty much determines your plan.

Expect to pay at least $100 per person (once you factor in food, drink, tax and gratuity) unless you really go no frills or the casual restaurant route. Since you're doing a baptism, a lunch reception could be an option and also more affordable. Try to find a space that's not a banquet hall so you don't have to decorate it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics