Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madisyn
Expert February 2020 Ontario

Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands

Madisyn, on January 8, 2020 at 16:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17
Now that we are only 3 months away from the big day, I find myself getting more and more excited for both of us to finally start wearing our wedding bands! My FH got my wedding band with my engagement ring as a set (which I appreciate because I'm a matchy-matchy person), and we got his band in the summer. We ordered yellow gold for him, but it came in white gold, and we ended up loving it even more!
Have you purchased your wedding bands yet? If not, do you know what you want? Do you care if they match? Where are you at with this exciting chapter of planning?

Here are our rings. Share pics of inspo or your bands! 😊
Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 1

17 Comments

Latest activity by Alyssa, on February 17, 2020 at 11:16
  • Alyssa
    Curious December 2021 Alberta
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started looking at Boxing Day - hunting for those sales. But my FH had completed some googling in the past and found a Meteorite Ring from Jewelry by Johan. We are still waiting on the ring to be made but they have great designs for people looking for something different.

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought our rings a few months ago- my FH is not a jewellery person.... so he settled on a black titanium
    Band (he needs something durable as he is a window and door tech)....my engagement band is very simple- but it has a knife-edge cut which is really hard to match nowadays (just not the style anymore). So I actually got my band in the clearance area at Michael Hill- it wasn’t a wedding band per se, but it was a white gold band with pave diamonds all around- thick, and more square cut. It’s really gorgeous. I’m so excited to wear it ❤️❤️
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A little non traditional but my fiancé is wearing his wedding band now! He’s suuuuuuper picky and he kept going back and forth on rings trying to find something he loved, eventually landing on one that cost 3x the price of my engagement ring, I sighed and said fine if it makes you happy.... flash forward to going to pick up my engagement ring (yes I knew about it 😂), he sees one at the jewellers he loves and it was under 500$ so we jumped on that and I didn’t have the heart to tell him he can’t wear it until after the wedding 😁😁 I will have to go shopping for my band soon - I’m hoping to find a thin hammered yellow gold band to match my fiancé’s ring 😊
    Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 2
  • Kaitlynn
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm shocked to see this set because the wedding band is so similar to what I have been looking at for my ring, which is also a trilogy setting in rose gold! I've never seen a pic of the two styles together and I have to say I think it looks marvelous together. Thanks for sharing!

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is the beautiful!
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The whole meaning behind this is lovely 😭Adorable!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We havent bought ours yet im now going to start looking!! but both of your rings are GORGEOUS!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since I proposed to my DH we got both my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands custom made Smiley xd

Both togetherPlanning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 3Both side by sidePlanning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 4My Husband's birthstone first (Aquamarine)Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 5My birthstone second (Peridot)Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 6

His reasoning for the birthstones is because I put him first and myself second and then on his wedding band (no pic sadly) he has my birthstone on the inside and his facing out because mine is closer to his heart.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I started looking at wedding bands on boxing day, we went to four jewelry stores in one day and both found something that we liked, but we aren't totally in love with them yet.

For him we're looking for both a wooden band and a silicone band to wear at work so he doesn't ruin his nice one.

I was thinking of doing mis-matched metals and doing a rose gold band, but after trying on some bands in multiple colours I've decided to go the matchy route with a white gold band. I'm finding that I'm very picky with my wedding band. My engagement ring is very unique and its been pretty difficult to find a band that doesn't overshadow my ring. I'm looking at one online right now that I like and I might just order it so I can see it in person

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had chosen our wedding bands to be the same and simple. White gold 6mm was the choice finalized by my husband when looking at the two chosen as i had an idea what would be the preference.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love our bands.
    My fw has a bridal set so Shopping was easy for me! For her, not so much. I wanted something a little different that would still compliment my simple three stone ring, and I gots say she did strike out of the park on this one.
    Pictures not the best because the ring is so small the camera had a hard time focusing
    Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 7
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful! That's a really cool texture in your FH's.

We ordered ours a little while ago (took advantage of a holiday sale) but both were a little big and had to be returned for smaller sizes. It'll be a long wait before we can wear them!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love your bands!!

We haven’t gone for ours yet - maybe in May, once we buy our house. My wedding ring will match my engagement ring. Not too sure what FH wants yet.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are beautiful! And we are totally feeling the same excitement!

My band and engagement ring are a set as well so he did them at the same time. I just put the deposit for his on new years eve! We're so excited to wear them!
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful rings, Madisyn!!

I have the one engagement/wedding band because I don't think anything would really go with it*. My husband had it custom made for me with a little collection of gems I had. I love it! *Lately I've been thinking I might try it on with a chevron ring, plain or with diamonds, just to see if it works. Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 8
    I bought my husband a mini collection of rings (4 in total) all from an Etsy seller. He needed different sizes depending on what work he was most recently doing (welding makes a finger swell, apparently). Since I bought 3 the seller through an extra in for us for free! They are all titanium with a wood inner layer. This is his favourite:Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 9

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't gone yet to the jewelers to find a wedding band. I think we are leaning towards making our own. I'm in health care and can't wear my engagement ring as it is (afraid of skin tears on my residents) so I really have specific things I want in my wedding ring. I have a simple solitaire engagement ring so I want them to look good together but I want more sparkle to my wedding band because it is the only jewelry I can wear while at work. I'm thinking it is something we need to do in the next month maybe two since I'm not sure how long it takes to have something designed. I'll talk to the person at the wedding show again on Saturday to find when the best time to come in would be.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was so excited to shop for future hubby's ring. He's not a jewelry guy so I figured I'd keep it simple and spend my energy on figuring out an engraving.

He stole a little of my thunder when he decided he wanted a silicone ring. He has a great reason, he works with machines and doesn't want to risk losing a finger or a hand. I've come around to the silicone ring, I just wish I could have gotten the inside engraved!Planning Milestone - Choosing wedding bands 10

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics