Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vizin
Newbie July 2018 Ontario

Planning - it's so hard

Vizin, on March 18, 2018 at 00:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

Planning a wedding is so hard. GOSH!!!!!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on April 2, 2018 at 17:10
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just breathe! And remember... it's never going to be perfect, but it will be perfect for you! It's the first day of your life together with the person you love.

It took me 5 years of secretly/not-so-secretly scouring wedding websites & magazines before even getting engaged to start to learn what I liked and didn't like... I'm now just over 3 months into the engagement, and I'm just narrowing down my focus to details and decisions.

Starting big, and making sure you ask yourself why you do or don't like something will help starting to guide you in the right direction.

Also, setting a budget should be your first step, because many "add-ons" will only be possible once you establish your essentials (venue, food, photographer, dress, invites, BASE decor). Budgeting will be your life saver, because the little extras that people sweat over might not even be within your budget to have to worry about.

• Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha. I feel you! It is pretty difficult as there are SO many ideas running around. It can be overwhelming. I find that if you get the most important factors figured out, the rest is just minimal. So for example I quickly figured out the venue, DJ, decor stylist, photographer/videographer, and now I am just waiting until it is time to finalize the other details. Good luck! Smiley smile

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's just overwhelming in the beginning. Lots of options and didn't know where to start. Don't make any decision yet, just surf the net and look for ideas. Eventually, you will start figuring out what you want and could start imagining what would your wedding look like. Then, it's time to look for vendors. Don't freak out. It will be very fun experiences, I assured you.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    But it will be so rewarding afterwards! I've done all the big planning and now only have small things or the events left to do and it's fantastic!
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    YES IT IS. Ugh. lol
    good advice here from everyone though! Let us know if we can help with anything!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am loving it but there's some times I'm frustrated ! lol it starts with budget and seeing what can afford and seeing what's available and what your wish list is vs what your needs are. What do you need help with?

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not gonna lie, I'm having an absolute blast!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only thing I've found hard through this whole planning process was dealing with some people's negativity. Otherwise it's been very fun and exciting! Money can be a big stressor too but make sure you have all of your finances in order before starting to plan anything.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes it can be at times but it is also fun and exciting and well worth it in the end!

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The closer I get the more stressful it gets yes, BUT I know it will be worth it and on the days it feels tough I pause and take a a step back for a little while and then start back up. Paving yourself and not leaving things last minute is a good start. Today we went bridemaids dress shopping and that was def a fun one to check off my list
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Take your time! And research what you want and ask friends for their recommendations! It really helps. I found my planning process to not be too bad but I had an amazing support group. Don't be afraid to talk to friends and family, it really helps. If you find it super overwhelming, maybe talk to a planner. Good luck planning!
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found that finding the venue was one of the hardest thing. We both had a budget in mind and we had to find something within that budget. The second hardest was a photographer but that is because my fiancé finds hiring someone to take photos is a joke. So trying to find someone that he really liked as well within the budget was hard but we did find one.

Just remind yourself self of what is important for you. That is what I do on a daily basis.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is A LOT of work! Having support from your fiancé, MOH/bridesmaids and family makes it easier for sure though. Don’t forget to reach out to your support team! Smiley smile
  • Michelle
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What do you find the hardest? Is there anything we can do to help? 😊
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is but it should be rewarding too! When things get tough, I just remind myself why we’re even having a wedding and I start to feel better about things.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is hard but overall I found it to be a fun experience. As LB said, if you are not having fun you need to take a step back. Also, talk to your fiancé. When ever I’d hit a wall and get stressed out we would talk things through and it made me feel a lot better.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    But fun, right?

I feel like if you can’t make it fun, you should take a step back and realign your priorities.

It’s YOUR (and your partner’s) day. Make it fun/not hard for you as best as you can so it’s not overwhelming.

Hang in there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics