Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Planning from the classroom

Joey, on September 25, 2018 at 08:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Calling all teachers and students! How do you get your wedding planned when you have a busy school schedule to compete with? Do you have any great tips or hacks for getting your wedding planned around homework, office hours, midterms, studying, grading, and everything else the school year throws at you?

Are you bringing a bit of your classroom into your wedding?

Planning from the classroom 1

Photo by Capture The Moment Photography in Dundas ON

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on September 3, 2019 at 10:24
  • Sarah
    Distrito Federal
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

É uma pergunta muito sensível para responder. Eu também sou professor universitário e realmente foi difícil para mim fazer meu planejamento de casamento, juntamente com minha agenda lotada. Mas meus alunos me ajudaram muito. Eu estava passando muito tempo em Olatcc quando meu plano de casamento estava em andamento. Graças a Deus meus alunos se apresentaram para me ajudar. Obrigado.!

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m a full time kindergarten teacher and it’s been a bit slow right now as I did a lot during the summer. Our wedding is in May so I do have a lot to do before then! I try to leave as much work as I can at work to focus on my fiancé and our wedding! It’s definitely a balancing act!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I work full time Monday to Friday from 8-4 with a 45 minute commute. Then I have college classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-9 with only a 15 minute commune. On top of this I also have house renovations going on (example - we are moving the fence this weekend so we can create somewhere to park during the winter so we won't get towed due to street clearing), and we have appointments for both our new kitten and puppy for shots.

SO MUCH GOING ON! This isn't even including the fact that we have prior commitments like how we went to a wedding just last weekend!

Right now everything is being done by me at work. We already have the venue, officiant, and food set up so I'm not feeling to overwhelmed. When I do start getting more into it then I will be using my binder that I made to keep it all in order and make a list of what needs to get done first, second, and third etc.

• S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My students are the ones planning my wedding!
    They draw pictures of my dress my centrepieces and every detail I might need. Unfortunately, unicorns and glitter are not a part of my vision for my big day.
    I still have just over a year away and I’m taking it easy with the planning. I’m definitely not a bridezilla. Next summer I will plan all of the little details so that when October hits I’m ready to go. I will have to have supply plans for the few days I will take off but I won’t stress about anything (I tell myself knowing I will be focused on not only my actual wedding but hoping I come back to a classroom that isn’t torn apart and children hanging from the ceiling!).
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh, when I was in school, I was full time, plus full time work, plus a part time bartending job... I didn't even have time to day dream about weddings, let alone plan one!

Even now, I work full time, plus the rest of my responsibilities and commitments, so luckily I quite enjoy planning, and am okay incorporating it into my down time!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was a full-time undergrad student a few years ago, and I couldn't imagine planning while in school!! Kudos to all who are finding the time somehow Smiley heart

I work full time now, and it's still busy with volunteer and working out in between. I do a good chunk of planning on my lunch breaks. I also have "Wedding Wednesdays" where I devote Wednesday evenings to any planning I couldn't get done over lunch. (e.g. contacting vendors, discussing options with FH, etc.)

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not a teacher but I’ve been working full time while wedding planning. Some ways that I’ve managed to plan a little easier around a busy schedule was to always bring a notebook with me and jot down any ideas I have or questions I have. I also put a bunch of pictures on my tablet that I liked and during my breaks I would go through and delete ones I didn’t like anymore. Then when I am home with my fiancé we can discuss everything! Hope that helps
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a student and work nearly full-time hours and the planning has been difficult! Initially when I started planning, it really distracted me from school (in class and out), but now that I have more things planned, I find that I can balance both much better. It hasn't been easy whatsoever tho! My days have been booked and busy for approximiately 6 months lol.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the planning process is busy whether you are a teacher, a student, or someone working full time!

For me, I have to have lists - if I don't have lists, I have no idea where I am in the planning process. I generally plan to take care of one or two things from my list each week.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm in school and I have to say - I don't plan much. This will be a sad looking wedding. 😂
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont go to school anymore but let me tell you balancing planning with a work schedule that has me out of the house 12 hours a day has been fun!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics