Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marsha
Devoted July 2022 Ontario

Planning for Wedding Aug 2021

Marsha, on May 7, 2020 at 11:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

How many of you ladies who are getting married in 2021 are still planning for their date next year? Or because we do not know what social distancing is going to look like for ****; do you find yourself putting things on pause when booking a vendor and purchasing wedding items?

There are talks that social distancing can possibly go on until there is a vaccine

interesting to see what you 2021 brides are doing Smiley smile

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 14:20
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vaccines are already at human trials the whole world is working on a vaccine so i feel like this will all be done hopefully in the next few months.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its unpredictable of what come and for next year. Hoping we don't face this situation as bad as now by beginning of next year. Holding off the purchases is savings in the meantime. When ready to finalize what items are needed, get them. Rentals is also a great option to consider lowering the cost.
  • Élisabeth
    Curious June 2023 Quebec
    Élisabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to book at least our principal vendors. Since we live in a small city and that a lot of weddings are going to be postpone, we didn’t want to wait for our venue, caterer and photograph. However, I asked questions about their policy in case social distanciation it still a thing and we won’t rush to buy stuff! From what I’ve been told, vendors are having a lot of request and it’s a good thing to be in advance...
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so awesome! Smiley heart Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome..we are pretty much at the same stage. I too want to do a little each month so I don't feel overwhelmed closer to the day. Laura we got engaged in
    the same month and year. I was Nov 12 2019 my bday
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've just finalized venue - we'll likely finalize catering this weekend and I've already spoken with a few day-of coordinators to make sure they're available on my date. Other than that, no other booked vendors but I've certainly done a lot of planning online! When the pandemic hit, we basically stopped talking or thinking about the wedding for six weeks. Then we realized that with all of the weddings being moved that we better set some things in stone or there will be nothing left! I'm trying to take my time and plan a little each month to avoid overwhelm and to leave a little wedding planning fun for each month leading up to the big day, but its definitely tempting to book things so that we can guarantee their availability.

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Kelcie for your input. I appreciate it. And I am sorry to hear you are one of the many brides having to postpone. But that is amazing that you do not have much more to plan being that it would of been 3mths from now. That is my goal for next year this time, I only have little details to think about. I stress easily and i don't want to look or feel stress on the big day. I want to enjoy it and be in the present on D day Aug 1 2021

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I postponed from August 2020 until August 2021. Because I was already ready to go for this summer I don’t really have much left to plan. But if I were planning a 2021 wedding from scratch right now, I don’t think I’d be too concerned about Covid (but that’s just my totally non-expert opinion of course!). Even if there are still restrictions on gatherings of thousands at that point (e.g. festivals, stadium events etc.) I’m optimistic that things like weddings and funerals will be a go by next summer - hopefully long before then! Of course there’s always the possibility of subsequent waves. For those with vendors left to book it can’t hurt to inquire about their policy, which they presumably will have established by now while dealing with 2020 clients.
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome, thank you for your comments

• V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes definitely, if you’re set on having your wedding in 2021 then I would book stuff ASAP! We initially wanted to move ours to June 2021 but our photographers were booked the entire summer from both new and rescheduled 2021 brides! Which is why we pushed it all the way to September. So just something to consider if you’re keeping your date in 2021 Smiley smile all the best!
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am keeping my fingers crossed as well. Congrats on finding and confirming your venue. That is the biggest part. Have you started any other planning?

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly, having all the reschedule weddings moving to 2021 makes it a bit uncomfortable. Hence why am thinking on booking the photographer, decorator and cake baker right away before they get booked on my date. ugh the unknown eh

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just booked our venue for June 2021. I keep my fingers crossed every day that any major social distancing restrictions will have been lifted by then. I was worried there wouldn’t be any dates left if we waited, as many dates are being moved from this year.
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like it’s tough, because you obviously don’t know what it will be like next year in 2021. Just like no one in 2019 knew about 2020. I rescheduled from 2020 to 2021, but I have two other wedding I’m attending in August/September 2021 and I know the brides are planning full speed ahead. It’s also a matter of taking the chance because a lot of brides are booking into 2021 (both new and rescheduled brides) so vendors are filling up very fast.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics