Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Planning Favorites

Amanda, on July 29, 2020 at 11:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

All Brides & Grooms !

It looks like many of us are either starting to plan or RE-planning due to covid. If you are anything like me, I am pretending I am re-planning starting from scratch so I can get excited as the months go by.

Please share with me what you are either most excited about planning (Vendor, Special Dances, Guests, Your Dress, The Vows ect.) or what WAS your favorite thing to book or plan for past brides? and tell me why!

I would love to hear all your stories and what you feel was the most important and exciting part of planning for you, and hopefully all new brides can get excited about your favorite part too! Smiley laugh

My absolute favorite part in planning HAD to be our taste testing to choose our menus. It was a nice "date night" for the two of us where we pretended to act like we were some type of food critic although ALL the food was amazing, and we got to build out our own plates together! Smiley heart

Let me know what yours was! Happy Planning!!!!!!!!! Smiley ring

16 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on July 30, 2020 at 19:33
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Staring at excel a lot lol. Crunching a lot of numbers. For example, if dancing is a no go, we're axing the DJ cost. If we have to stay seated, we're getting rid of cocktail hour etc.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds like the most amazing wedding entertainment ever!! Please post everything when you are done so I can see it lol!

• Jarrod
    Curious March 2022 Ontario
    Jarrod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Free beer is ALWAYS acceptable!

Definitely!! I'm sure I'll be posting the recordings after the fact. Our entire wedding is musical themed. The wedding party will be welcomed into the reception to a rewritten Willkommen from Cabaret, and at the rehearsal dinner we'll be doing a couple more that we haven't solidified yet, but the two wedding parties are going to directly compete with each other, and all the filmed versions will play during dinner at the wedding itself.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am glad there is another foodie lover like me haha Smiley xd
    Yes the re-planning is very tough, and just like you said we don't know... I think as much as we hate it we have to plan 2 types of weddings, the one we WANT and hopefully can have, and an alternative IF social restrictions are still in place. That's what we are doing for now, of course I am hoping plan A works out, but I have a plan B in place JUST IN CASE.

I hope it starts getting better for all of us Brides & Grooms !

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HAHAHA - I love the Stella part too Smiley xd
    That dancing sounds like it is going to be a HUGE - Keep us posted on how that goes, I would love to hear about it! Do you have a song chosen ?

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG Yes - Dress shopping is definitely high on my list as well !
    I am glad to hear that it all worked out!!! Smiley smile

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite was sampling our caterer's food! It was so delicious Smiley smile

I'm having trouble starting the replanning process to be honest. I don't know what next April will look like, how many people I'll be able to have inside, if we can even have food stations. We've made the decision that a celebration will happen regardless of what next year looks like, and we'll have to adapt to the guidelines. I'm thinking of starting with save the dates to family members only.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am glad you are finding Joy in that!!! How is the planning coming along?

• Jarrod
    Curious March 2022 Ontario
    Jarrod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't done much so far, our venue is booked and that's about it (it was fun to visit, the free Stella was a great bonus!)

I'm definitely most looking forward to choreographing the dance numbers with our whole wedding party.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I loved going dress shopping. At the time we weren't planning on having a wedding party so I just invited my mom and closest friends. They were supportive in all the right ways!

Because of covid I decided that as long as restrictions allow I want them by my side so we asked one and her husband to be our witnesses, and my other girlfriends to be bridesmaids. Making little proposal gifts was a lot of fun, getting everyone in the same room was not! Now that we're all busy again it wasbt easy to have everyone there but we did it!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm forming contingencies for a Plan B wedding in case Stage 3 restrictions continue until next year, so it's like starting from scratch. A big chunk of that is coming up with ways to replace dancing as entertainment. It's a lot of creative thinking to ensure we have fun within the guidelines while staying safe.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Taking it from me - Redoing your invites is SUPER FUN!
    You get to take what you love from your last ones and recreate them a little better!
    & You are so right! It's so much fun to open the RSVP's together. It's always an exciting thing! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everything has defiantly fit into place for sure! I don't think I would want to get married anywhere else! Can't wait until next year!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our day was for mid July so by the time COVID hit us in Ontario the invites were out.

I was excited when all the replies started coming in!
    We’ll have to re-do our invitations again, hopefully somewhere local close to where we live. My hope is that it’ll get me excited again and our guests excited to reply again!
    It’ll be super fun now that we live together to go through the replies together unlike before when we lived separately! So that part I’m looking forward to.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG I love this!!!! Its like everything fit into place just the way you had planned for years! This makes me so happy for you! My heart is smiling!
    Thank you so much for sharing!!! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favorite part was definitely finalizing with my wedding venue and finding my dress.

The venue has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. Every year when I head back home, my family and I always go to this winery and when I told my fiance and showed him pictures he was totally down for our wedding to be there! Plus we get a vacation out of it as well!

My dress has everything that I've ever wanted and more! I had seen it in a window at a bridal store at the mall that I used to work at. When I saw it, I just knew that that was the dress. Forward a year later, when I was ready to start shopping for my dress, the same bridal store still had the dress. As soon as I put it on, I knew nothing was going to compare and the dress was the one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics