Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner June 2024 New Brunswick

Planning a wedding away from home

Ashley, on August 10, 2022 at 08:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

I have my heart set on getting married in St. Andrews by the Sea in New Brunswick. We have not picked a venue yet. However, the distance for both our families may be a bit much. (4 hours for his, 5 hours for mine)

Trying to decide if we pick another location closer to our homes, or do we just do what we want and hope people come?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 18, 2022 at 08:56
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For those guests that can make it to the wedding, they will come to celebrate you. A small second reception can be held in town when returning for the rest of the family to attend as they will get to celebrate your marriage.
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, we're going to see a venue there on labour day weekend, hoping to convince his family to want to go there!

Honestly, no matter where we get married one of our families will have to travel as they live 2.5 hours apart. We might as well do it away from both our homes and everyone has to travel haha!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do what you and your fiance want to do! The people that want to be there, will be there!

My husband and I live in Edmonton Alberta and got married in Kelowna BC.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We don't have too many older family members, but yea some people probably would not want to stay overnight.

It is a bit of a far drive for some people. We're considering other places as well, But my heart just loves St Andrews!!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashley,

That sounds like a beautiful place to have your wedding! From the guests perspective, is it too long of a drive for any older guests-especially grandparents of the couple? Depending on the start time of the ceremony would they need to book hotels?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics