Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia

Planning a wedding

Lindsay, on August 25, 2021 at 18:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi everyone!

I need suggestions, my boyfriend is going to propose to me soon (he ordered the ring and is proposing in October!). So I’m just wondering if we should start booking soon for 2023? I’m hearing that there is a rush in booking for venues and I’m kind of worried we won’t get the date we desire on time.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Lindsay, on September 3, 2021 at 15:49
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are looking into venues and also talking to a wedding planner about their services on Sunday. We also wrote down a guest list to determine how many people we are inviting and also jot down a budget Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venues are the first thing to consider booking to confirm the date. Another thing to consider is the guest list to start for the coordinator to show reception halls and cocktail hour area depending if there is a divider.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thank you. Me and my soon to be fiancé have been discussing it, I am interested in a photographer and videographer but looking at others too. All this plannings gonna take a lot of my time that’s for sure !
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would say look into venues first, especially if you have a vision of what you want the day to look like (eg: forest, urban, water backdrops, etc) and go from there.

The only exception to that is if there is a photographer that you HAVE to have, for whatever reason. If you need someone specific then go off their dates and look at venues that have availabilities then.
    I will say though, before any of that is done, you and your (soon to be) fiance should discuss budget and wants vs needs. That is the most important part I think
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is there a rule of what you should look into first? Or does it matter ?
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing wrong with getting a headstart on venues and photographers! It's dog eat dog out there
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thank you so much for the advice… I’m starting to look into venues right now and photographers/videographers Smiley smile
  • S
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Svetlana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would start looking now, the boom is real! Especially because you may not be on the same page as to what you want for the day and you may flex on what you want. A venue you visit might just be the right price and you can adapt your vision to the venue. My groom is very hands on so you may find giving yourself more time to visit places and explore different vendors helpful and less stressful. It's a process. Plus things add up pretty quick, give yourself time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics