Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Randi
Newbie August 2023 Alberta

Planner/Coordinator

Randi, on May 14, 2022 at 02:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi Everyone!

Looking for opinions on having a planner and/or coordinator? ☺️
Our budget is pretty tight but I love the idea of not having to coordinate anything.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 19, 2022 at 13:51
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Day of Coordinator over planner seems less expensive since you can have all the information and vendors being taken care by the professional and the layout provided for the set up.

We didn't go with this option since the set up was mostly done by the venue coordinator and the reception decor was minimal to do for the time frame and given the small guest list count.

• Vicky
    Beginner September 2022 British Columbia
    Vicky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're definitely looking at having a pretty tight budget, but I will say when I found out that our day-of coordinator offered a service for "month of" coordination, I JUMPED on it. I am at the point now where I definitely wish I had someone else taking over coordination earlier. If you've got someone that you can appoint to help as I've seen in messages above, that could work for you! You could also find out if some planners have different packages where they can take over 3 months before etc. I loved picking everything out and communicating with the vendors and getting deposits etc done BUT... I'm over it now that I'm 3.5 months or so away from the wedding haha.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since my budget was tight and bridesmaids numbers small, I appointed one of my bestfriend for that roll and she was honored. Might be something to think about if you have someone who you trust and wouldn't mind being that person.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Randi,
    Yess, having a day of coordinator is worth it!! You’ll be able to enjoy your wedding and not have to stress about if everything is being handled.

A wedding planner on the other hand, if you think it’s worth it and depends on where you are with your planning of wedding.
  • Randi
    Newbie August 2023 Alberta
    Randi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you all so much!

Definitely will be looking into a day of coordinator 🥰
  • Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our budget is veryyyyy tight too but since we live in Vancouver Island and the wedding will be in Toronto, we got a day of coordinator! It’s pretty affordable and reasonable. Their price included decor rentals and unlimited texts/emails/calls too! I got Kilig Events & Design and they’re amazing and accommodating!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hiring a month/day of coordinator was the best money we ever spent on the wedding and I recommend it to everyone, if you can squeeze it into your budget it. The cost was not bad at all and she was incredible. Even with all of my crazy over planning, I would have been absolutely lost without her. She started six weeks before the wedding when things start to get really crazy with finalizing everything - I have incredibly busy work days and I would check my phone at lunch and see that she had replied to so many emails on my behalf that I never would have been able to juggle. I lot of people mistake venue coordinator as wedding coordinators and they are not the same thing - The venue coordinator does not care about details, only logistics on their end. A wedding coordinator will schedule every minute and detail of your day and handle everything on your behalf so you can just enjoy! Mine was amazing - I struggle with anxiety and even when we took a wrong turn and were late arriving for hair and makeup, she was there with texts handling both the schedule shift and my worry. Our wedding day was perfect and I owe a lot of that to her and her assistant - They dealt with absolutely every detail and made sure the right people were where they needed to be at the right times.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our budget is right as well! The Day of the diva has great prices for coordination and planning if your looking for someone! https://www.instagram.com/thedayofdiva/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

They also offer a 90 min clarity call for 200 dollars which is what I’ve decided to do! They go over everything and anything you want!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I weren't going to have one at the start of planning but then we talked to our venue and she highly recommended one. I'm so glad we did get one. I won't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. She will take care of everything the day of. I found a DAY OF Coordinator that would accommodate to our needs and our budget. She'll be taking all of our decor the night before. She will be taking care of all of the decor set up for the ceremony and reception in the morning of the wedding. Taking questions from any of the vendors that may have questions when they arrival at the venue. She will also be helping us with the timing of walking down the aisle as well as timing of walking into the reception. She will also be helping with the take down as well at the end of the night

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics