Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eli
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Plan b for rainy day

Eli, on June 15, 2021 at 18:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 10

Hi there,

We are planning our ceremony and photography for August in a park (both outdoor). I have already asked for a permit and now I am stressed!! What if it rains that day?!Smiley atonished

Any suggestions for plan B or how I can be prepared since we cannot be sure until a week or 2 before the ceremony?

We have 20-25 guests and our budget is tight.

Thanks

10 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on July 3, 2021 at 08:35
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh okay. Surprisingly they don’t, as I’ve seen so many people have gazebos and such at parks. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our public parks don't allow you to bring chairs or any standing structures. You're only allowed to have a standing ceremony. It's likely to prevent people from ruining the green space (as there can be some inconsiderate people like delivery trucks and other large vehicles going driving straight onto the green so they don't have to drag whatever stuff by foot).

• K
    Curious September 2021 Alberta
    Kaitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with Hank, i know in our city there are lots of 'rentable' covered picknick spots. Or just commandeer a Gazebo. youre in a (probably) fluffy white dress, if its just the ceremony it will be quick and no one will bother you. No worries!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It would be nice to know from the park to see a second location of a back up plan if it does rain to be covered. A tent otherwise may have to be an option given you still want your celebration going without any issues taking place. It seems the cost added to your tight budget, yet would have to make do with the concept.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Help Eli,

Do you know if you can have a small tent and put it up that day in the park, incase if that situation of rain 🌧 and also it can help with the sun ☀️? Renting a small tent or gazebo canopy.
    You can rent or buy your own. In some cases you buy, you’re able to use it another time for outdoor events.
    Plan b for rainy day 1

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there a gazebo at the park? Usually something like that is available in parks where wedding ceremonies are permitted.

As for photography, if it rains you'll have to wait out the storm. Some people won't mind bracing the elements for a light drizzle (and the photos could turn out amazing) but it's a play by ear situation should it come up.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That definitely makes it more tricky! Sorry I don't have anything else to suggest!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would talk to the place that you're getting married at. They might have a possible second option if it does rain.
    My venue has that option since we're getting married outside in front of the winery for our ceremony and if it does rain were able to go inside of a pyramid to have our ceremony instead
  • Eli
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Eli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We don't have a reception.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Talk to where your reception is being held and see if they have a plan b for the ceremony!

Our reception space has a 2nd room we can book for the ceremony if needed. It doesn't get rented out separately from the reception space so we will definitely have access it to if we need it and we'd only have to pay the additional rental fee if we use the space.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics