Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marsha
Devoted July 2022 Ontario
Marsha, on October 21, 2020 at 11:00

Posted in Plan a wedding 60

How many of you ladies are still willing to go through with their date next year if the Pandemic restrictions for receptions are still on ie: No dancing, No getting up to go to the bar, no mingling with other guest but with the ones at your tables.... If not, what is your plan B, If so, how are you...

How many of you ladies are still willing to go through with their date next year if the Pandemic restrictions for receptions are still on ie: No dancing, No getting up to go to the bar, no mingling with other guest but with the ones at your tables....

If not, what is your plan B, If so, how are you coping with the no dancing at reception. I am a dancer and so is my husband so am having a difficult time with this.

Thanks

60 Comments

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love all the microweddings that they have now if we were to just do it now and party later. They seem so pretty. Even our venue has them going on now....if come Jan 2022 a normal wedding still isn't possible we may look into changing it to more intimate microwedding. It could be beautiful. We postponed once I dont think I'll have the heart to postpone again.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Girl sameee 😭😭😭
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If I could get my money back I would just do an intimate one at a chapel and dinner.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I could get my money back I’d just do a legal ceremony lol
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    After postponing 2 times already we have decided we don’t want to postpone further and are hoping to go forward with our plans. Luckily our wedding was fairly small to begin with and we have discussed cutting back if needed or keeping it to just immediate family if restrictions only allow a limited number of guests. After speaking with our venue we got some more clarity and were told we would still be allowed to do our first dance, father/daughter dance and mother/son dances, and offered us some ways we can rearrange our event in order to accommodate to restrictions which has been super helpful! Here’s hoping we can atleast do something small 🤞🏼
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved our wedding to our backyard as we are allowed 25 people. We have 23 guests and our originally venue is now catering and having the chefs and waitress' come to the house to serve our dinner and drinks.

We did not want to wait until next year to get married. We planned for 2 years and were kind of over it at this point so we are getting it done and over with!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Basically games in the style of ice-breakers but designed so that guests remained seated at their tables. We may also do game show style games, like Family Feud or Jeopardy.

By the way, you're allowed to have our first dance. They just don't want a bunch of people bumping and grinding with each other while huffing and puffing all over the place.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wedding are still happening, we can only have 50 people for gatherings at the moment. But they're in talks about possibly changing that. So who knows what could happen by August

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let's pray you do not have to cancel

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our ceremony and a small party this year which was our plan B. Our hope is that next year we can have 80-100 people together for a reception. Honestly I don't want to delay it again and again so if we have to postpone I think we will just cancel.
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hoping so too Valentina

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I so hear you - Because we have already put a deposit down at our venue before covid, i feel kinda trapped to go ahead with Aug 2021. Ideal i would like to move it to 2022 and have a small gathering with fam - decisions decisions

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree postpone for a 2nd time is a pain. what is the restrictions right now at in BC? Are weddings going on right now?

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Makes total sense. Hoping all goes well for you Cindy.

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree if you postponed already it is difficult to postpone again. We have to all pray ladies restrictions are lifted. We have to also pray banquet halls stay a float

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for replying. Def if you had to postpone already I then understand why you wouldn't postpone again. praying the guests we want there can celebrate with us. cutting a guest list from 180 to 100 or 50 is quite difficult.

praying everyday

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It seems like this is the common answer to just go forward. Hearing that you are also both dancers like my FH and I and still willing to go ahead with no dancing, is good to read. I too hope we can at least do the first dance as well.

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for replying. This helps for me reading all the comments. I agree am praying for the way we all want to be wed and celebrate too.

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What are other ways to entertain the guests-I would love to hear your ideas. I have game ideas am thinking of doing if we are unable to dance.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're postponing once but if by March there is still a ban on indoor dining then we'll postpone once more though likely not pass 2021. We're willing to wait a bit for a celebration but at some point, we just want to get on with our lives. We're fine if there's no dancing, we have other ways to entertain guests.

• Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going ahead with our July wedding. Like many others have said, we have multiple guest list options based on numbers. I’m nervous because of course I want to have the wedding I always dreamed of and an incredible party for my family and friends but this situation is beyond my control and all I can do is cross my fingers. I know that on July 10 I will marry my best friend and in the end, that is really what counts!
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going through with the wedding next July regardless since it’s really hard to know when the virus will be handled.. We have our wedding partially planned for things still being rough next year. We are having a very tiny wedding even if it is better just so that it can be easier to work with. We have a plan at ceremony and dinner/dance venue for 120 people to be at both. But we wrote an invite list of 50 people + 20 more + 30 more + 20 more. So we have the first 50 and then add to that in groups after to reach 120. I am hoping at least to be able to do a first dance. We are both dancers so if we can’t have a wedding dance, we might have like a 1st anniversary dance at a community hall or something similar.

I hope everything goes wonderful on your day!
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have also decided that we will go ahead in August with whatever the restrictions are as we don't want to postpone again. I have actually been working on our guest list making A, B, C, D lists on where the restrictions may be at. Figured the sooner I dealt with that the better.
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan to go ahead no matter what. We don’t like the current restriction- which is partly why we postponed the first time. However I am not willing to postpone again
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with Amanda. We have postponed once already so we will not be doing it again. We will be married in May 2021 no matter what but we will have to see about the rest when it gets closer.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are going ahead with our wedding in August. We're not really wanting to postpone a second time. BC has less restrictions right now then other provinces so I'm hopeful that we're have a somewhat of a "normal" wedding. Crossing our fingers

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a small ceremony and dinner this year with our immediately family instead of a more traditional wedding with restrictions. We plan to have a full reception at some point in the future but won’t book it until there’s a vaccine available and restrictions start to be lifted. We really want our reception to be a big party and I can’t see it being a ton of fun with the current restrictions. I also just wouldn’t feel comfortable or safe hosting anything larger than what we’re doing with our family. We’re thinking it will likely be in 2022.
  • S
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I have decided that we'll be going ahead with our wedding plans no matter what. It would be too difficult for us to postpone again. We hope the restrictions will be less by June 2021.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics