Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Debbie
Beginner June 2021 Alberta

Plan a wedding Covid revision fatigue and inspiration

Debbie, on June 14, 2021 at 21:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

I am not sure how many of you have felt or feel the same way. I had the original plan postponed last year - secured a vendor had them cancel with less than two weeks to the event date, had a cake provider disappear to another city and ghost me and I think I aged exponentially in the last year.

On the other hand I have now had the most positive experiences in the last week from vendors who stayed the course - the caterer, some good luck and cooperation from venues that networked to help me and some amazing people step up to the plate as I redo the plan for the 20th plus time.

I will be doing a review of the amazing people who stepped up to assist for anyone who has been struggling in and around the Edmonton area - we have some spectacular individuals out there!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 20, 2021 at 10:16
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its excellent to hear you have amazing vendor teams put together as they are servicing your day as you want and envisioned. Sometimes the ones that feel they don't have the professional courtesy to stand up for their services are the ones that will be left to know their reviews won't look good at the end as other clients may question their morality. Good for you and happy to know your on track with your planning.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you paid by credit card and it was done within the past 90 days, I would start the process of a chargeback or dispute with the credit card company/bank sooner than later. Once you go beyond a certain time, it becomes much more cumbersome.

• Debbie
    Beginner June 2021 Alberta
    Debbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately not so far but I will deal with it after the wedding - I have all the proof of payments , agreements etc right down to where she started to ghost me. Unfortunate about some people - not typical thankfully!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh, sorry about your experiences with irresponsible vendors. This pandemic really brought out some true colours from some horrible people.

I hope you got your money back from the cake provider.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics