Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie-Ann
Curious February 2018 Ontario

Place cards

Julie-Ann, on January 15, 2018 at 09:04 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
Does any one have any suggestions on where to get place cards printed in short notice in the Ottawa area? I won’t be able to have them done until I have everyone’s meal selections and that only give me about 3 weeks until the wedding assuming I get rsvps back in time.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on January 18, 2018 at 14:58
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As others have said either vistaprint or Staples would be very quick to get you your name cards quickly. The suggestions with the rhinestones work, or you can also buy three stamps (carrot for vegetarian, cow for beef, fish for fish, or chicken for chicken) based on your meals and just stamp them so the serving staff know who gets what.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made my own. You could also go to your local staples
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking of putting a sign at the entrance saying please have a seat where ever you like. Is that crazy? We are having a small wedding between 60 to 70 people. Mostly family and a few friends.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vistaprint and my cards were delivered within days.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Julie-Ann,

A big welcome to a fellow Ottawa bride! Not sure if they do place cards but there's a printing place on Bank - Printing Shark (I've never used them but have passed by them a few times and they seem to do good business).

Also, just an idea but for my girlfriends wedding she had the placecards printed in advance (possibly through Vistaprint) and then to distinguish the different types of meals we put a different colour rhinestone at the top (Blue for chicken, purple for beef, white for fish) and then made a little legend card for the kitchen so they knew in advance what each stood for. You could do this with any type of sticker, ribbon etc. Maybe get them priced through the printer and check how much it would be on vistaprint - it may be cheaper to do them this way and they usually ship pretty quickly

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vistaprint ha great quality cards and they ship really quickly!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend had place cards printed and then just printed labels off her computer with the meal selection. She didn't want to leave everything until the last minute, so decided to do it this way. She just made sure the white label would match with what she had designed for the place cards. She did print off more place cards than she needed though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics