Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiffany
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario

Pine Knot

Tiffany, on April 25, 2019 at 16:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
My FH and I just went on a tour of Pine Knot golf and country club in Dorchester this past week. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with venue before or had even had their wedding there. We got good vibes from them but I am finding it difficult to settle in one and pull the trigger.

How are are you supposed to know it’s right? I don’t want any regrets...ahhh

Any advice.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tiffany, on May 21, 2019 at 15:56
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have decided on our “theme” and it fits right with it. I guess I’m just afraid of booking it and then falling in love with something else or it not turning out to be everything I hoped for. Ahhhh the stress of it all.

We we have looked at other places since we have seen Pine Knot and nothing has compared to it yet. I don’t have cold feet about marring my FH at all I’m just worried about making the right decision for our day. I want everything to be perfect
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is an amazing venue! Everything we wanted and more. Fits our budget, staff was friendly, walked us through everything, provided us all the details we need and we did not feel pressured at all. We feel it is definitely our #1 pick for sure! We haven't booked it at this point, someone in our family is having some health issues going on so we are waiting to get so more information back on that but I would say that unless some BIG miracle happens, we will be booking at Pine Knot.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tiffany!

I would second Bianca's comment, go with your gut and you won't make a wrong decision!

I checked out its WeddingWire storefront (Pine Knot Golf & Country Club), it looks like a fab venue!

How do you feel about the venue now? Did you book it?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw, Tiffany, I’m so glad to be of help!

It’s really what I’ve been telling myself through the process of the endless planning and options available. I swear, wedding planning could drive someone crazy with the choices (and I’m sure it does)!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! This has made me feel a sense of calm and reassurance. Other decisions during this process have been very easy but the venue has been the hardest. Your comment has truly has made me feel much better. I now know going forward anything I do will be perfect!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if you're ever going to know if you're making the "right choice", but it will ultimately be the right choice in the end because it's the one that you and the one you love will make. Just go with your gut and everything will have to work out.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been there for a few banquets and its been great! I've never seen it done up for a wedding and I've never been the one booking or anything so I can't speak to that. That being said the banquets have been held there for 10+ years now so I can't imagine they are hard to work with.
    Goodluck!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried looking for reviews but alas I came up with nothing! I would suggest asking the venue if they have any reviews/reference letters from previous couples?

As for knowing it's the right place, for me and my FH we knew it was the right place when after seeing a few first - it was the first place we felt "at home" and were getting giddy excited about "Oh, we can get married over here on the dock on the river, then supper over in the pavilion and then oh my gosh there are multiple fire pits for bonfires!!!"

Can you picture yourself walking down the aisle there? Does it match what you are going for?

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't been there but it looks beautiful. The venue is probably one of the biggest decisions so if you're not sure, go see more places.

We knew right away when we visited the first and only venue we went to that it was the one. It was so simple and so us.

If your wedding isn't until 2021 you have some time to work with. I would book as many meetings or viewings at as many places you can and maybe one will speak to you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics