Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Malyssa
Expert October 2022 Alberta

Picking a Makeup Artist

Malyssa, on January 13, 2022 at 00:17 Posted in Beauty 0 5
Hello all!
With so many decisions, make up and looking great for the big day is always important.
If you've picked your MUA (or when you did pick them) what were some things you consider when picking them, besides costs?
This is one area I'm struggling with who to pick as I know very little and don't know what to look for. I have a few within my price range but beautiful make up looks all start to look the same when you don't really wear any haha

5 Comments

Latest activity by Pauline, on February 9, 2022 at 06:20
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is some great advice. I hadn't thought about checking insta stories, but that is a brilliant idea!

I think my problem is I have no idea the difference between like "full glam" and more natural, as they all look so similar to me. hehe

• Farrah
    Curious April 2023 British Columbia
    Farrah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've read a TON of reviews and testimonials on Facebook, here on WeddingWire, and also followed a bunch on Instagram. On Instagram in their stories, many makeup artists show their personalities and it helped me decide on who I wanted to work with the most. I also made sure to look at their past work and creeped some of the brides they worked with in the past haha. Some I even reached out to so I could personally ask about their experience. A bit excessive maybe, haha - but to be honest makeup is one of the most important parts of the day for me. How I look and feel will have HUGE impact on my day. Think about what sort of look you're going for. Are you someone who wants to go full glam? (Lashes, full face, the whole shabang) or are you hoping to be a little more natural? Somewhere in between? Look at the makeup artist's photos of their past work to see if you can see anything that would fit what you're going for.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried to find as many reviews and photos as I could (Google mostly) and it was important to me to know what kind and brand of makeup was used. Make sure they can offer you a trial, even if it's not part of the initial cost.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met with one makeup artist. I wanted to make sure I liked her personality since she will be spending like 5 hours at the getting ready location. I also picked one who's work I liked the look of
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally looked at all of the reviews on google, weddingwire, their Facebook and Instagram account as well as their website. I also had a video call with the lady that is doing my makeup before choosing her. We had a great conversation and I think having a good vibe from them makes a big difference as well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics