Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2022 Alberta

Photography for 2022?

Shanise, on January 31, 2021 at 11:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hello all 2022 brides out there! How far in advance are you booking your photographer? Our wedding is still 17 months away, but I’m hearing loooots of people are postponing to 2022 so I don’t want to wait too long to find a good photographer. Any advice? Thanks!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on May 7, 2021 at 23:42
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married the same time (June 2022) and have already booked our photographer, booked about a month or so ago. Luckily, he is a friend from school, so we didn't have to compete with others when booking him. But prior to that when I was looking into photographers (just a couple months ago) a couple photographers were already fully booked for 2022, so that got me panicked. Also, photographers are exceptionally more expensive than I was prepared for. So it was a challenge to try and find someone whose style I liked, was available, and was affordable. We lucked out. If this wasn't the case, I wouldn't hesitate or wait to book a photographer if you find one you like now.

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked ours in March he only had one opening left for May 2022 so we took it and then confirmed our venue.

June is in peak season so I'd book sooner rather than later.

• M
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The sooner the better! I am hearing a lot of photographers already have 2022 dates fully booked. I booked my photographer within 3 weeks of being engaged the moment I heard how crazy things were getting for 2022 dates. Highly recommend if you find one that you click with right away and has great price, book them. It's best to book it immediately and not miss out on the opportunity.

• Shawna
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is August 2022 and we booked our photographer & videographer at the end of December, I reached out to almost 50 vendors for pricing (I know it’s a lot) and I’d say maybe 5-10% were already booked for our date
  • S
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Shanise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks everyone! I’ll probably do some more research and try to book close to the 1 year mark.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are TONS of photographers out there. Don't rush your decision making due to fear and pressure. Do your research, ask the right questions, get a few quotes (personally, I would inquire from at least three). If you like what you see and the pricing from any of them, then go for it. Based on my experience, if someone is unavailable, they are able to recommend a peer. Don't put your deposit on the first person who's available. This goes for all other vendors you're looking to hire.

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Feb 2022 wedding herr and i booked my photographer in august of 2020. She already had bookings for 2022. If you are getting married in the summer remember that is peak season.
  • M
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married May 2022 and we’ve been inquiring, messaging and meeting a few photographers! We’re hoping to have on booked by March
  • Christine
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm in the Niagara region and we've so far only had one photographer already booked on our date (Apr 30/22). The rest that we've looked at/contacted have had availability, so we've been lucky, but I suspect that won't be for too long. The further we get into the winter, the more and more likely it is that spring 2021 weddings might get postponed to 2022.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some photographers in my area are posting that they are almost booked up for summer 2022. I plan on booking my photographer within the next couple weeks for May 2022
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't wait to long to book a photographer. Dates do fill up fast. If you find a great one, take it right away. My fiance and I booked our photographer 2 years in advance.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't wait long to look and book your photographer to lose out on your date. The vendors rescheduling for other couples will be done as the times aren't happening to the full effect.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics