Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jes G.
Frequent user June 2019 Ontario

Photography and videography

Jes G., on November 18, 2017 at 05:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Hey everyone,
Just curious to know what the general consensus for wedding media is here. Did anyone get just a photographer or just a videographer or did you do both? I know that I want both but thinking it may be very expensive. Also if you went with a more affordable wedding photographer/videographer, were you happy with your choice? I’ve read articles where people were not exactly happy going with a more budget friendly photographer whereas many there were thrilled with their experience. Let me know!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 20, 2017 at 15:18
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had both and the photos look great though can't say the same for the video. It wasn't what we expected ro turn out.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only had photographers but my aunt was sitting in the first row and actually ended up recording our ceremony so that was nice. I didn't really need a video of the ceremony but it'll be a nice memento down the road.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did photos only. My sister had a videographer and we've never even sat down to watch the video. It just wasn't high on our priority list for us.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only used a photographer. Pictures were important to us, and having a videographer wasn't important to us, and it would have cost us way to much.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer does both but we opted for just photography. As much as I'd love to have a video that we can watch for years to come, it just wasn't in our budget and it's just way too over priced for us for what you get.

• Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you ladies for all your input! I guess it’s all a matter of preference whether to have both. But I do agree that it’s important to choose a quality photographer and/or videographer. I started off with the thought that I would just get a budget photographer. Then I did more research and the difference in quality between ‘cheaper’ photographers/videographers and more affordable ones is huge. Like many of you, I want to look back at my photos and still be impressed with all of them.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did photographer only. We discussed and knew that we wouldn't end up watching a video of our wedding more than once or twice, so it wasn't worth the cost for us. We put the extra money towards a good photographer and are extremely happy with our pictures and they bring back so many memories when we look at them.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're just having a photographer. But if videography is something you want, I think you should look for photography companies that have both and maybe you can get a package rather than paying for two separate companies.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using just a photographer... Shes a friend from high school who does incredible work, but is still trying to get into the photography business full time so her prices are way cheaper than anyone else out there. We are paying $1500 and it was a stretch in our budget to even pay that much. Based on our engagement shoot and 2 of my best friends weddings last year she photographed i am thrilled with her quality of work and not worried about our wedding photos at all.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up just getting a photographer for budgets sake. My photographer is making a slideshow which other brides had said they felt like they wasted their money on the videographer for what they got from this photographer. But it's all personal preference! If you absolutely want a videographer, go for it!

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got both. We’re actually getting quite a bit for our package. We’re paying 5000$ and they’ll respect their prices for our wedding in 2019. We also know them so we know that they do phenomenal work. All the other companies we looked at charge way more for what we want and they’re mostly newbie companies so I don’t really trust that.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually just went with the photographer and no videographer. He does amazing work with both, but we didn’t think that at the end of the day, we would ever watch our wedding video. We splurged on our photographer at $6000.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you can afford both I would get both!But if it's not in the budget I would highly recommend getting a good photographer. We paid about 1900$ for ours, and although it was more expensive than i would have wanted, we are so so happy with our choice. Now we have hundreds of beautiful photos to look back on and remember the day.

I have friends who have used friends or lower budget photographers and they've both said they wish they would have spent more money on their photographer as their pictures aren't as nice as they would have liked.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics