Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie May 2019 British Columbia

Photography and Videography

Jennie, on March 10, 2018 at 20:14 Posted in British Columbia 0 14
Hello,

Just wondering what the average cost for videography and photography including an engagement photo shoot would be in Vancouver. I brought the cost up to a few people and they're saying it's too much.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Karen, on March 13, 2018 at 22:37
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try and look for someone that offers both!!! This is how i saved so much. My package for both is $1250 and its all day package from getting ready to leaving venue. 2 photographers and 2 videographer.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennie!

Here are some past community discussions that might be helpful for you about photography costs:

What should you be spending on a photographer compared to the rest of the wedding?

Wedding Photographer - how much are you paying?

Wedding Photography Cost?

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep no problem! My videography is all day - from getting ready in the am until first dances are all over, that’s with two people and a drone. Photography is two shooters but doesn’t start until noon and goes until after first dances are finished.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome Jennie. Those prices you were quoted at don't sound too expensive but it all depends on your budget and what you're comfortable spending on your wedding.

Good luck!

• J
    Jennie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea I didn't realize how many factors there were in booking photography and videographers. Thanks for your input but I've already chosen a team to capture our wedding. Smiley smile

• J
    Jennie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea just looking into all the details and your right there are many different variables, something I thought would be an easy decision is actually becoming a challenge. Didn't really think that there was so much to think about in terms of booking a photographer and videographer. Thanks for your input.

• J
    Jennie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh okay that's roughly the same amount that I was given, although mine depended on how much time you wanted to book. Also been reading on a few articles and they suggested that paying a little more on videography and photography will be worth it in the long run. Thanks for your input Smiley smile

• J
    Jennie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The quotes varied depending on how many hours you wanted to book, so starting prices for photography was 1800 and for videography it was 2600. Thanks for your input.

• J
    Jennie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow that's a really good price, thanks for your input Smiley smile

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live in ON and I found a great photographer and videographer at $1250 for both and they don't charge tax. They will do coverage from the beginning to the end with 2 videographer and photographer. I also get all clear shot. I looked for 3days straight for all video & photo packages together I'm my area and found them. And i obviously looked at their portfolios and video samples. It was too good to be true. But i got lucky i found them.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What was the cost that you were quoted? Photography and videography add up surprisingly quick! We’re just going with a photographer ($3000), but have spoken to other people who looked into videography and it was VERY expensive.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re paying $3000 for videography and $2300 for photography (with a small friends discount for the photography). We should have bundled it with someone who does both to save some but we didn’t plan on videography initially and then changed our minds after we already booked our photographer lol so here we are paying a little extra but it’ll be worth it 😊
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think to ask what the average cost is in wedding planning is a difficult question. There's so many variables such as how long they have been doing it, skill level, inclusions and so on. So you really have to determine what you are comfortable with spending and what it's worth in the must-have scale.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really varies. I’ve been quoted from $1200-$4000 for Just photography (I’m not looking for a videographer) it’s really dependant on your budget and what you want. I have a couple of suggestions I can give you if you let me know what you want to spend!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics