Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Photographers. One or Two Shooters?!

Amanda, on June 14, 2023 at 11:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

Every wedding has so many little moments to capture 📷 From getting ready shots to your guests cutting loose on the dance floor. You want to make sure your photographer catches them all!

Are you sticking with one photographer on your wedding day, or are you hiring a second shooter?

If you decided to have a second shooter - was it part of your photography package? Or did you ask for extra coverage?

haz.gif

17 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on July 17, 2023 at 05:00
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our package was 1 photographer for 8 hours. I believe it was more than enough our small 87 guest wedding. If its in your budget for 2 go for it. Keep in mind that you can always ask someone to take extra, different angle photos. So glad I did. My bestie took pics of us getting ready, videod our speeches and my fam took several different angle shots for the ceremony. I made sure my bro took photos of my husband as we entered, cause all eyes were on me including the photographer.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We had a 40 person wedding and still had 2 photographers for 12 hours had so many different angels and shots that I would've never thought of
  • Kelli
    Frequent user September 2024 Alberta
    Kelli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It definitely depends on the size of your wedding, and how specific your shot list is. If it is on the larger side for either I would define you suggest getting the second photographer. For my upcoming wedding I want it to be more intimate and personal opposed to my last where it was over 200 people attending. So I’m only planning on hiring one photographer this time around.
    It definitely was worth it t the time because I got some amazing pictures that I wouldn’t have gotten!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great price for the add-on. We had a second shooter for our entire day (12 hours) but it did come with our package which I'm so happy that it did!

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a second join for 3 hours. He will do all the groomsmen and boys shots while she does the girls. I also wanted shots of both so us when I walk down the aisle. This came as an add-on to our package for $300.

• Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know exactly what you mean!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right?! It was so nice having 2 cause when one did pictures with the groomsmen the other did some with the bridesmaids!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that is awesome that you got a second shooter for free!

• Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh absolutely! It really did work out! It's photos we'll have for a lifetime.

You're so welcome! There's honestly no right or wrong way to have your wedding!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always loved the idea of 2 photographers but it was not in our budget. About a month before our wedding our photographer reached out to see if she could bring a 2nd shooter (free of charge) who is was looking at gaining experience!
  • Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing, and really did work out perfectly!

Thank you! My problem is not knowing what’s right or wrong 😄 Doesn’t help that neither of us are very opinionated about the finer details, so I love hearing from the experts.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone is different and that's ok! My husband and I had two. It came with our package and it was great to have because we both got ready at different places and really wanted getting ready photos. We also got a lot of different shots and angels of our day. But remember do what you and your future husband want to do and not what everyone else is doing!

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having one, which has made me a little nervous so I keep second guessing it, but reading others’ responses makes me feel better about our decision.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It sounds like it worked out!

• Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's always nice to have your guests photos as well!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having a small wedding so just the one for us plus whatever the guests come up with. Smiley smile

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had 1 photographer and felt it was appropriate for our set up and day. We had 25 guests, a smaller venue and it was an evening celebration from 5pm-11pm so very doable with just 1.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics