Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Photographers. One or Two Shooters?

Amanda, on June 7, 2022 at 21:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 29

Every wedding has so many little moments to capture 📷 From getting ready shots to your guests cutting loose on the dance floor. You want to make sure your photographer catches them all!

Are you sticking with one photographer on your wedding day, or are you hiring a second shooter?

If you decided to have a second shooter - was it part of your photography package? Or did you ask for extra coverage?

For my fiance and I, we have 2 photographers! It made sense for us to have two shooters since we're getting ready at separate locations. It was a bonus for us to have two since it came with our package and didn't have to spend more money on a second one.

29 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 21, 2022 at 11:21
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow! your package came with a videographer! That's awesome!

• Kathleen
    Beginner August 2022 Quebec
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our package was 2 photographer and 1videographer for a good price and the coverage is for 10 hours
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think having two is just the way to go!

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with 2 photographers (husband & wife team). This was affordable for us & will allow us the chance of getting both parties 'getting ready' shots, as well as different camer angles for the ceremony and reception shots.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the fact that having 2 photographers, you'll get different angles!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were lucky to have paid a good price too for 2 photogrpahers. Different angles and shots of every detail were excellent.
  • Scarlett
    Florida
    Scarlett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also chose to have two photographers because the wedding was quite long, and we wanted every moment immortalized.

In addition, we had many guests. So it was a wise decision on our part.

However, initially, we were thinking of only one. Still, we saw that choosing the package with two photographers is more advantageous.

Edited by WeddingWire
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

8 hours with 2 photographers will be great!

I think 2 is always great to have that way you can get different angles of certain shots that one photographer may not get

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our package has 2 photographers for 8 hours. There were options for 1 shooter, but the cost difference wasn’t significant so it made sense for us to upgrade.
    I did go to a wedding this past weekend and they had 1 photographer for about 75 people. She seemed to do a good job at moving around and capturing everything
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wouldn't worry about it to much then! I'm sure your photographer will get amazing shots!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will definitely help!!
  • Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay this eases my worries. I also asked my photographer and she said she will be able to handle the job fine but if I wanted it, it’s there. We’re getting ready at the same hotel anyway.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    IMO we had a 50 person wedding and we totally would have been fine with 1 photographer!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do what you and your fiance want to do not what everyone else is doing.

We got 2 because my fiance wanted photos of him and his family getting ready and we're getting ready at separate locations. as well as since we have such a beautiful venue more photos the better.

• Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting 1 photog for 6 hours because our ceremony won’t start til 6 pm! But now that I’m seeing the responses, I’m thinking if we should get the second shooter! 🙈 We only have 50 guests and it’s a restaurant wedding. What do you think?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're also having a 50ish person wedding and just having those extra little shots that maybe one photographer can't get will totally be worth it in the end!

8 hours is great!

We get both photographers for 12 hours so I'm sure we'll get so many great shots of our day!

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having 2 photographers, as included in our package. Even though we're having a small 50-person wedding, we wanted everything captured. Also, we're getting ready at two different places and that makes it easier.

Our package is only for 8 hours as well, so I think that we can cover more ground by having two people there!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had one photographer, we did not get photos of them on the dance floor. But we went around the venue and took photos with the entire table. That is what I really wanted to have and that was good for me.

Also, because I ended up being late to get ready (thanks to my he cake person) because we had to figure out to pick up the cake first. So I didn’t get much photos of me getting ready/me alone while waiting to go to the venue. The photographer had to leave to set up and get everything sorted (as he did it live set up too). But all in all, we still had photos. Hahaa
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's a great idea!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am looking at fun other options like a photo booth, or polaroid camera and guest could hang on a picture frame, or placing disposable cameras on tables.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It totally was!!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is awesome! It was meant to be!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Everybody is different! And I think with only having a small amount of guests attending your big day, you'll be ok with one photographer
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the idea that you also have a mini camera for your guests!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always loved the idea of a 2nd shooter but we could not find a 2 shooter package in our budget so we went with 1 photographer that I loved!! But then a couple months before the wedding our photographer reached out saying she had a newer photographer reach out to her seeing if she could 2nd shoot for her to gain some wedding experience! So we got a 2nd shooter for free and I loved having both of them there!!!
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted for a second camera as well, it just makes so much sense if you can afford the extra cost because like you said there are so many little moments that need to be caught.

as an extra little pop of photos we have a instax mini camera guest book so you take a picture with the instant camera tape it in the book write your message and boom extra fun/ not so boring guestbook

i love pictures Smiley heart

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only hired 1 shooter, my wedding is small 40 people if that is how many RSVP. hoping 5 people might say no lol. From the looks of it there's always cancelations so I feel like 2 photographers isn't really worth it.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! That's an amazing price! We're paying 2500 for 12 hours and 2 shooters, engagement photos if we wish, 500+ photos, a usb of our photos and a photo book.

I'm sure you will have amazing photos! People have to start out somewhere!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to go with a second shooter as well! It was an extra 300 dollars but we are already getting a great deal. So total 1300. Which includes engagement photos, 9am to 9pm coverage and videographer!

This is a photographer who is trying to build their portfolio and his grandma is friends with my grandma, so a bit of a friends and family discount! Praying I will get some good photos back 😬

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics