Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Beginner September 2021 British Columbia

Photographer numbers

Kelly, on March 16, 2021 at 21:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Interested to hear peoples perspective on number of photographers needed...

We are hoping to have a 50 person wedding September 2021 (if possible). We are debating between having 1 or 2 photographers. We obviously want some decent photos but also aren’t to to worried about the number of photos.
Thanks!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Niki, on March 19, 2021 at 20:52
  • Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 2 photographers because we wanted those getting ready pictures and special moments with our families before our ceremony. We will have both photographers at the church and for photos, then one will leave and we will have the 1 for the remainder of the night.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer charged for 2 for the day as he was the one to take our engagement pictures alone. He was an amazing guy who didn't charge for another photographer.
  • Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Daniela that’s a good idea!!
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A good way to save is also having 2 photographers for only part of the day. We had a 80 person wedding September 2020 and with COVID restrictions on guests and no dancing we didnt think 2 were necessary. However for the gtn ready part since we were both a diff places and the ceremony we really wanted all angles. So we told our main photographer that we only wanted a second shooter up until the reception and she just went home then.
  • Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very helpful food for though!! Thank you everyone Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are having 2 photographers no matter how many guests we have. We both want to have photos of each of us getting ready and we're getting ready at 2 separate places across the city so it makes sense. Plus, our price for our photographer comes with a second shooter.

Also having 2 photographers, you can get different angle shots of your day, throughout the day!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if it is in the budget to have a 2nd shooter, you should. I've heard horror stories of something happening and the main photographer didn't capture the 1st kiss but the 2nd shooter did. With that being said, we are having a 50 person wedding with 1 photographer. My Fiancé is not a fan of pictures at all, so we are not having getting ready photos of him to give him a bit of a break before a day FILLED with pictures.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on how often you two are separated. For example, if you're getting ready at different places, especially if you're far from one another, you need two photographers to capture both moments simultaneously. This is a bigger deal for couples not doing a first look and remain separated until they meet each other after she walks down the aisle.

Most photographers will have the option of bringing in an assistant so you won't need to hire a second photographer separately.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would speak with your photographer or prospective photographers about it and see what they say. In general I believe most photographers are fully capable of shooting weddings on their own unless they’re just massive - like 200+ people. But if you have certain things that are happening simultaneously and you want them documented you’ll want a second photographer. Or if you just really value photography and you want as many angles as possible it might also be worth it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics