Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lorena
Newbie July 2020 Ontario

Photographer Meeting Questions

Lorena, on March 9, 2020 at 14:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 9

Hello everyone,
I have an appointment with my photographer coming up. I've read that you should provide them with a list of pictures you want taken and with inspiration photos so they understand what you’re going for. How do I do that? just show her on my phone? give her a USB?
Also what other questions should I be asking her.
Thanks!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Maddie19, on March 10, 2020 at 18:05
  • Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a Pinterest board of poses and edits that I like and showed. I also showed them a couple of Instagram accounts for the style I want.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wrote a list for them of certain photos i want. if you have pictures of pictures you want i would email them the list and any photo reference you have that way they have it. you can also print a copy and give it to them

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you interviewing a potential photographer or is this someone you already hired? Either way, presumably you've reviewed a portfolio so you should know what their aesthetic and style is like. If not, that's one thing to ask for. Ask for photos from previous weddings in a similar season and setting as yours.

You could ask if they have shot at the venue you're in and if they can offer any tips for better coverage. You can also ask them about the process, like what will they need from you to ensure they can do their job ie will they need a wrangler for your friends and family members?

The meeting is used for gauging their personality. Photography requires strong social skills. I would use the opportunity to gauge their people skills and how their body language responds to being asked questions etc.

If this is someone you already hired and you're just meeting to get acquainted, you can share inspiration. Perhaps point to examples in their portfolio what you would like for yourself. If they have not shot at your venue, you should give them a heads up on the space. What will lighting levels be like, what are restrictions of the space if any, what your floor plan is so they can properly navigate the space.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A vision board is a good source of what you put together for pictures of the couple separate/together, family and group shots. Sources also help to put together to show on your phone as mentioned. Pinterest is a good place to do that as well as images put on word program printed. Usb is good to have as a back up for the photographer to see when they gets back to their home/studio.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can show them a pinterest board or have a list of pictures that you absolutely want. We haven't sat down with our photographer since our engagement photos but I will probably just show her my ideas on Pinterest and give her a list of "must-shoot photos".

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I shared a Pinterest board with our photographer so that she could see the kinds of shots I wanted. You could also email specific shots (photos with specific family members, or friends).

I would ask about whether you'll get sneak peaks (and when) and when you can expect the photos to be ready. That seems like a popular question on here lately.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our photographers we made a list of all the shots we wanted and listed the names of everyone that we needed for each photo.

For inspiration photos we had a shared iphotos album with our photographer that we would upload the photos we liked and then the day of they pulled the photos up on their ipad to replicate them.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to have them categorizes so that they know who is needed for what pictures and then make a little description. When it's closer to the wedding is when I would supply pictures of what you are going for.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having my meeting in a few weeks!

I'm probably not going to give them a list until closer to the wedding when I know whose actually going to be attending. But if you know already then it would be super helpful to even give them a first draft (subject to change).

In terms of style, does your photographer have a particular style already? Is that what you mean by inspiration?

I'm not providing my photographer with any photos of what I want because I already like their particular style so I think they'll capture what I want but definitely need that list of names for family photos so we get them all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics