Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Photographer Canceled!!!

Jessica, on June 23, 2018 at 22:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
My photographer canceled on me on me 2 months before my wedding! Any advice?

12 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on July 2, 2018 at 11:29
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely not professional of the photographer! I hope you find another one.

If you cannot find a professional photographer with the date free on the short notice, I would suggest reaching out to the Fine Arts Departments at your local universities. Photography majors might be free and willing to take the job. This happened with the university I went to. When photographers or musicians cancelled short notice, there was a list of students willing to work weddings. It's not the same as a professional but might be a good Plan B!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you put any deposit down? If so, are they refunding it? I'm so sorry this is happening to you and I hope you can find a new one.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear that happened to you! Hopefully she has a good reason and can help you find someone else. You might have to start from square one and start calling other photographers in your area, check in the local ads, and or on social media.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yikes, that's unfortunate. It was also part of my photographers standard contract.

I would suggest getting on your local wedding Facebook buy and sell group (almost everywhere has one). Post your problem, and you'll have available photographers offering their services - you can then pick one, and sign a new contract.

• Jessica
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That would have been a good thing to make sure was a part of the contract... I will pass that on to friends getting married in the future. Unfortunately that was not part of my contract, so it’s a bit of a disaster! Thanks for all of the advice ladies
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yikes, She better have a good excuse! Not very Professional! I hope you have a back up!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Horrrible thing to happen to you. Get your deposit and other payments back since they cancelled on you. Good luck on finding a photographer.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely look at your contract to see about a cancellation claus. My photographer has it written in ours as well that if she needs to cancel, she is responsible for finding an equal replacement and will return our deposit to us. Most legit photographers have this same thing! Definitely take a look, and i wish you all the best 😪
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was going to ask the same thing! Look at your contract and see what it says. Our photographer also has the same cancellation policy where she has to find an equal replacement.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you have a cancellation clause in your contract? My photographer has to find me an equal replacement if they cant make it.
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry. I didn’t attach the website

https://meganberryphotography.com/
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! That’s terrible. You could call other photographers and see if they’re available. I know someone who does photography and is trying to get more gigs. She is very reasonable

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics