Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Machaila
Beginner June 2019 Ontario

Photographer advice!

Machaila, on April 19, 2019 at 18:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Help!! My photographer is due to have a baby around May 10, my wedding is June 1. She has not yet reached out to me letting me know (but she has posted it on her photography page). I am a mama myself so I know how some things to postpartum. Should I contact her asking what her plans are if she goes very overdue or something along that line? Or just leave it?

7 Comments

Latest activity by LittleBlueLemon (Tony), on May 18, 2019 at 22:34
  • Machaila
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Machaila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much ladies! This helped so much 🙂
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tori has a point of getting in touch with your photographer congratulating her first and to know when she is due. Then as a concern say if she will still be ok to make your day happen or she has a back up person to take her place.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say that it doesn't hurt to ask! Start off with a "hey, I noticed some pics online - congrats on the upcoming addition to your family!!" that's when you can start asking when she is due, then you go "oh, that's so soon - but... I hope you don't mind me asking, is there a backup plan for the 1st of June?"

Of course, make sure you do this on the phone and not over email. (And make sure you have gone over your contract to see if it already states anything in there about cancellations/backing out on her behalf.)

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What does your contract say in regards to if she has to cancel? Is she required to provide you with a backup if she can’t make it or just return your deposit to you?

I think you need to reach out to her ASAP and find out what’s going to happen.
  • Deziray
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Deziray ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely contact her about it. Find out if she has someone else to fill in for her if she needs it. Whether she can't do it because she goes over due or even just the stress of having a newborn at home. I am sure she has an emergency replacement as most vendors do. But it will definitely be worth it to put your mind as ease.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely reach out and ask her about a back-up plan with your wedding. You can also offer up your congratulations on her pregnancy.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's okay to ask, both weddings and newborn babies/pregnancies are pretty serious so I think that asking about a backup plan is alright

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics