Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

Photo locations Hamilton

Rachel, on February 22, 2017 at 10:36 Posted in Ontario 0 15

Hello Lovely Brides!

I realize this is an ontario board but i'm hoping there are some ladies from the hamilton area

My Fiance and I are getting married November 25th at the Ancaster Mill

We are doing a first look and our photos before the ceremony. With the time of year and the fact that our wedding is at 3:30pm we have no choice (still brainstorming ways to make that special)

What I'm wonder is does anyone have any suggestions for photo locations? Our photographer has suggested we either find one place that works for nice or crummy weather so if its outside it has an overhang or something to cover us just in case or to come up with an outdoor and a protected location just in case.

The obvious places are Dundurn Castle, Mcmaster University, RBG or any of the waterfalls but I'm wondering if anyone has any alternative suggestions???? Can be anywhere from Burlington to Flamborough Ancaster to Dundas to anywhere in hamilton. Just looking for something thats a bit different

Thanks so much!

Rachel

15 Comments

Latest activity by Gillian, on November 19, 2017 at 22:43
  • G
    Ontario
    Gillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry just seeing this now. I'm not sure if my other response was received however you can always do the Gage Park by the water fountain which I've seen has beautiful pictures Pedicome farms in Stoney creek is fabulous as they have the orchards, trains beautiful grounds so you have many options. As well rain option is gage park in the indoor green house with beautiful flowers, greenery and landscape
  • Megan
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the cotton factory, photos I’ve seen from there look amazing. I looked into having my wedding there and also just doing photos, it is expensive to get your photos done there.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad new for anyone thinking of Albion Falls for photos, the City has closed it and you will be fined if you go over the barrier. So if you had pics there before they closed it you lucked out!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Albion falls is now closed and you will be ticketed for go in over the barrier. Lovely place but there has been to many rescues and the city has closed it down.
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel,

The Royal Botanical Gardens are really beautiful and I know you can do just photos there, although you may have to purchase a permit so I would check into that before deciding anything. Also, my SIL got married in Hamilton and we did the first look and the bridal party photos at Albion Falls, it was beautiful but beware, there were tons of people there hiking/checking out the falls and so in some of the pictures, there are people in the bg and people just generally got in the way and were not very respectful of the photos being taken. In the end the first look went off perfectly but just a caution. I hope this helps!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're welcome! Glad I could help with something outside the box Smiley winking

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive heard good things about these places! i think i will try and check them out!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

i like that idea! i never thought of incorating a place that has meaning to us! ill have to do some brainstorming but thanks for planting the seed!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Paletta is beautful! your photos will turn out great ther!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard its beautful!

for licing in Hamilton, we really need to explore the waterfalls more

We went to sherman falls the other day when it warmed up and drove past tiffany gte falls. They are both super close to the ancaster mill where we are getting married

I'm just worried about weather there and if its muddy

• M
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing Albion falls
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Rachel! I think these are all great ideas! Smiley smile I know this is for your photo locatiosn but I thought these ideas migth also interest you: 9 unique venue ideas They could be original setting for your photos! I particularly like the library and antique store ones Smiley smile You can also contact the venues in our directory to see if they could be suitable locations for your pictures: Wedding Venues Hamilton What type of setting do you prefer? Urban or rustic?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love Paletta Mansion or Spencer Smith park in Burlington!!! We are taking our wedding photos at Paletta
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Cotton Factory is pretty cool for photos if you like exposed brick - they'd probably be happy to let you inside for some first look photos. They do have weddings there so just advise them that you only want to do photos early in the day.

If the Spice Factory doesn't have an event booked, you could also look at doing it there.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure about anything other than what you're already thinking BUT if weather is bad you could always go to a location that say meaning for you both. Coffee shops, library, I've seen some AMAZING photos in movie theatres! Those would be outside of the box, and indoor solutions, depends on what you like doing as a couple though

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics