Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie May 2023 British Columbia

Photo Checklist

Tracy, on September 22, 2022 at 22:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hi! I’m looking for a checklist to give to my photographer. I’m not looking for a large list just the “must haves”. Wedding date is May 6, 2023 and my photographer has requested a list 🤷🏼‍♀️. And go to’s or handy list you’re using or have used? Thank you in advance!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Marie, on September 27, 2022 at 13:51
  • Marie
    Newbie December 2020 Maryland
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a rundown of each and every family photograph we needed to have as well as I sent our photos taker photographs from past weddings from our setting so we could reproduce them for our wedding

• Julia
    Newbie August 2023 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest has some great resources! There are a lot of lists on there that you can use as a reference!
  • Victoria
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found the printable list at the bottom of this website to be really useful. It has boxes next to each item so you can check off what you want and then give it to your photographer.

https://blog.wedsites.com/wedding-photography-checklist-printable/

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I saw that too yesterday lol. I have that in the back of my mind too.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We made a list of every family photo we wanted to have as well as I sent our photographer photos from previous weddings from our venue so we could recreate them for our wedding
  • T
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea!
  • T
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea! Thank you
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I saw a cute video on Tik Tok where the dj played a song and the couple had the length of the song to get a fun photo with every table- it was super fun and got the excitement going

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not doing the getting ready before ceremony as we've both done that in the past. We are having a group shot, right outside on a staircase right after the ceremony. I also plan on having pics of me and hubby with every table. Hoping to do that in between courses as we dont have too many speeches
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Hank, really depends on what you want out of them or what you have planned on your day.

My suggestion tho is think about people you want photos with. One thing my bestie regretted was not more photos with her friend groups. She got all her family covered, but missed some key group shots with friends.

Also, if you have any married friends, ask them what they missed or wish they had gotten.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can look on pinterest for ideas of must have moments.

My photographer is just going with the flow of our ceremony and reception.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on what you'll be doing and what you want. There's no set criteria.

For us, we wanted to ensure we get a professionally shot photo with everyone who attended so we did group pictures based on how we know them (ie all her cousins, my university friends, her coworkers, etc).

We also gave the photographer a list of all the major moments that happened at our wedding (ie girls getting ready, family tea ceremony, me singing her down the aisle, ring exchange, first dance, cake cutting, etc). This will be based on your itinerary for the day. Ours didn't include a first look because it wasn't on our itinerary.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics