Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Photo booths - in or out?

Joey, on October 1, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 17

Are you having a photo booth at your reception? When you see a photo booth do you hop right in, or do you skip it? Do you think these are still trendy, or are you over it?

Photo booths - in or out? 1

Photo by Event Booth Photo Booth in Toronto

17 Comments

Latest activity by Caitlyn, on October 27, 2018 at 18:50
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not having one. They really are quite expensive. They are getting to be a bit overdone and their novelty at weddings seems to be wearing off. At the last wedding we went to with one not many people used it.
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re definitely having one. Since my fiancé and I started dating, we’ve always taken a picture in every photobooth we see and kn Mtl we see a lot so we have a large collection of them. It’s kinda out thing. Plus I love them, and guests can use it while we’re getting our pics done
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they're still in, just not a necessity.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I are doing a DIY one, with a backdrop, some props, and just a stand to put your phone in to take your own pictures. This way it's still fun but we're not paying over $500 for two hours

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So over it and will not have one at our wedding.

The last couple weddings we went to that had them they were almost completely ignored by guests. Total waste of $.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We we're thinking about it and we're not having a photo booth. But you should it be fun.

Good Luck in your up coming wedding

• Alexandra
    Beginner March 2022 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive seen them at the past few weddings Ive been too and they were super fun. It doesn't have to be cheesy with lame props, but its nice to have a bunch of funny photos to see of your guests later and a lot of people have fun with it.

Have it in the beginning of the evening and only rent it for a few hours.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they're out. I've only seen this at one wedding I attended and it was a little lame tbh.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm out on this one... I had fun using the one at our company Christmas party, but most people just stood in line waiting to use it again and again... and I don't really want people waiting for the photo booth instead of dancing Smiley smile

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love them and really want one at our wedding, but my FH can’t stand them and thinks they scream corporate Christmas party.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like them! But haven’t been to a wedding with one recently. We didn’t have one but I’m not sure that our guests would’ve really participated anyway.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're debating! I really love the idea but I don't want to drop too much money on one!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will not be having one. I feel like they are overdone now as everyone has one. I would rather put that money towards something else

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing one! I think it's a great way to get guests engaged and having fun, other than dancing lol. We have ours for 3 hours, will have it from 9:30pm-12:30am

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not doing it. Seems standard at every wedding now and not as fun. Plus they are pretty expensive I found anyways!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So over it.... I just went to a wedding with it a couple weekends ago and as much as people liked it - it wasn't like anybody was rushing to it. I would sooner put my money into something else like a bouncy castle or magician! lol Me and my FH are kids at heart!

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did. It was worth it as it got people out of their seats and led them to mingle with each other. However, I would recommend only renting for 2 hours, 3 max.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics