Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia

Pet inclusion?

Sarah, on July 5, 2018 at 19:18

Posted in Wedding ceremony 49

Back story, we moved into our first house together, and bought a dog all within the same week, and she’s been with us since the start. She’s an integral part of our family, and in 3 short months we are adding a boy dog so she can have a brother! So by the time we get married we will have 2 sweet...

Back story, we moved into our first house together, and bought a dog all within the same week, and she’s been with us since the start. She’s an integral part of our family, and in 3 short months we are adding a boy dog so she can have a brother! So by the time we get married we will have 2 sweet dogs!

So my questions are

• -Are you going to include your dog in your ceremony?
  • -Have you already been married and included your pet in the ceremony?
  • -And how did it go?

We plan on having our BM and GM take our pups down the isle if we do stick to this plan, we just want more input before we make this decision!

(Our girl is named clover, and she’s a cocker-Pom and her brother who we are naming Charlie will be a purebred cocker spaniel)

cfb_31853.jpg

cfb_31855.jpg

cfb_31857.jpg

49 Comments

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s good then. My babies got too distracted for engagement pictures. I could only imagine what 200 people would do to them lol. We adopted our second one the white one a month and a half ago and his sister is sooo happy to have him to play with.

Pet inclusion? 1

Pet inclusion? 2
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg she’s so adorable!! We totally want clover to be included in our engagement photos!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Before choosing our venue we ensured dogs were permitted because it was a priority for them to be included if that’s what we decided 🤗 I’m sorry you couldn’t have your pets there on your special day!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    From the beginning our dog was taken into large groups of people, just last week she went to a rodeo with about 400+ people in the stands and she loved it and was good all day long Smiley smile she even watched the horses! Our wedding will only be 50 people and no longer than 20 minutes long! And if she was included we would have water bowls at the alter near where she stands just in case she gets tired 😊
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is it possible for her kennel to be brought? And then placed in a separate room during dinner? The place we are getting married allows dogs to be put in their kennels, and allowed to stay in the room by themselves!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue was pet free and we would have wanted them part of the day. However, we didn't take the chance and had them dropped at the breeder's home for 2 days.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had wanted to include our dogs in the wedding, but our venue said we aren’t able to unless they were quaritined for a month and that’s just too long. Also if I think what my dog trainer had said about taking dogs to big events is that it is a lot of stimulation and they can get tired faster depending on the size of the wedding. If you do have them walk down the isle then maybe think of how they won’t be waiting too long throughout the ceremony.
  • Amber
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re definitely having ours as a part of our ceremony, I’ll be having a bm walk her down the aisle! She has a doggy of honour sign and was also in our engagement photos!

Pet inclusion? 3
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know just how you feel, we really want our dog at our wedding!! She's part of the family too, but I don't know how it would be possible. I get that someone can walk her down the aisle but after that I'll need someone to handle her during photos then someone will have to leave to take her home. Most venues I've asked said they can't be at the reception with food service so someone would have to take her home. It's starting to feel like it'll add a lot more stress and logistics to an already stressful day. As much as I want her there it may just be easier not to include her. Of course mine is 70lbs so a different situation than you for sure. Interested to hear what others have to say.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it would just be the cutest thing ever! She’s got a major butt wobble when she walks too, (nothing wrong with her) so I’d be laughing all day with the tutu on her 😂
    We use blueberry as a nickname, she has this little blueberry toy that she loves so that’s where it came from! And I love egg! Lol I’d go with Eggbert for long!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg a little tutu on the girl and a bowtie on the new boy??? I'm crying just thinking about it ahahah!
    I love the name blueberry!!! I'm so into food names for animals I have no idea why haha! My next dog I wanted to name Egg or Homefry.... but we'll see haha!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our maid of honour and best man are going to be taking care of them if we do bring them, and as of right now, clover is super well behaved. So I’d hope for the best but I guess we will find out! We found the cutest tutu that was white and it’s what made me start thinking about having her and her soon to be brother there with us! And we aren’t going directly on a honeymoon, just a vacation around home so they can come around with us!
    Your dog is so cute! And I love her name! We were gonna name our dog blueberry 😂 our dog is a total suck up too, she loves her dad way more and takes all his attention!
  • Nicole
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your girl is adorable too !! Good luck to you to haha
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe they are beautiful! We had a chocolate lab, and even while he was a puppy he did amazing in crowds! So I’m sure you pup will do great! Our girl is going to be a “flower girl”, and then our boy will be our ring bearer.
    they are honestly so important, I’m just nervous! Lol good luck with your pups!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    She is so adorable!!!!
    I have seen people bring their dogs into their ceremonies in a lot of ways! Ring Bearer (Dog-er?), wearing signs "here comes the bride" or are just dressed up to match the wedding colors and themes!!
    Depends on you really! Dogs are a bit harder to watch over during the wedding and I dont want you 2 to be worried about them all day. But if you have a friend or family member who's okay to watch them through their part in the event and after then I say go for it!!
    I have a dog myself! I feel with being in a church and an indoor venue having her around might be too much so I want to do some engagement photos with her instead!
    This is my dog! Her name is Bacon!

She likes to take all of my fiance's attention hahah!!!

Pet inclusion? 4
  • Nicole
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are including both of our dogs and having my bridesmaids walk them down. One is just a lab puppy so I'm a little nervous but they are an integral part of our family so it would be weird not having them as a part of the day. Officially they are bein our ring bearers lol. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes okay !!

Pet inclusion? 5
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg did not mean to post the photo of her teeth against our back screen 😂😂 she has a little overbite so I always take photos when she does funny teeth things 😂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics