Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia

Pet inclusion?

Sarah, on July 5, 2018 at 19:18 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 49

Back story, we moved into our first house together, and bought a dog all within the same week, and she’s been with us since the start. She’s an integral part of our family, and in 3 short months we are adding a boy dog so she can have a brother! So by the time we get married we will have 2 sweet dogs!

So my questions are

• -Are you going to include your dog in your ceremony?
  • -Have you already been married and included your pet in the ceremony?
  • -And how did it go?

We plan on having our BM and GM take our pups down the isle if we do stick to this plan, we just want more input before we make this decision!

(Our girl is named clover, and she’s a cocker-Pom and her brother who we are naming Charlie will be a purebred cocker spaniel)

Pet inclusion? 1

Pet inclusion? 2

Pet inclusion? 3

49 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on July 11, 2018 at 23:15
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This little guy will be ours in 8 weeks ❤️ Can’t wait for him and clover to be part of our big day 🤗

Pet inclusion? 4
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are adorable together!!!
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most definitely include your pet in your wedding ceremony! They are family to you! You can even purchase a flower collar on Etsy for them to wear down the aisle or a boy tie!
    Im including my black lab into our ceremony only, our pastor loves dogs, so he insisted we include her. You have no idea how excited I am to have her be part of the wedding.
    I believe the Etsy store is called Cupid collar, they use silk flowers and a beautiful ribbon.
    I’m a definite yes to this idea!

Pet inclusion? 5
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First off- adorable! And secondly, yes we are having our miniature schnauzer in our ceremony. He will be walking down the aisle with my future father in law. He will be our ring bearer. We view our pup as our baby so we really wanted to include him. I think it's a great idea and it will go fine because he will be on leash.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are SO cute!!! Smiley heart 🐾

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH wanted to include our dog so badly in our wedding because he is also such an important member of our family - unfortunately our venue is no animals allowed. So we included him in some of our engagement photos instead...we also got awesome family photos out of it.

Pet inclusion? 6
    Pet inclusion? 7
    Pet inclusion? 8
    Pet inclusion? 9
    Pet inclusion? 10
    Pet inclusion? 11

• H
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish I could include my boy. But my FH has a good point, he wouldnt make it down the aisle, he would run up to every guest and jump on them haha.

Pet inclusion? 12
  • Stephanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our dogs will definitely be part of our wedding! We do not have kids and aren't planning on having any, so our dogs are our world. We are lucky to have a venue where they are allowed and will have a place to stay on site. Here are Jax and Daisy Smiley heart

Daisy and JaxPet inclusion? 13

• Stephanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG!! She's beautiful!

• Kate
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are including our pup in 83 days at our wedding. Our venue allows it

Pet inclusion? 14
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe now I understand, we had purebred puppies my whole life, and then I met my FH and I got a look into rescued dogs. Their one dog noni was used as a breeder as well, and caged with aprox 70 other dogs and she can't go in a kennel either and gets so aggressive when she sees one.. as long as you are doing what is best for the dog then that's good! Not every dog does well socially with large groups, especially a rescue! I hope your beforehand photos turn put great! ❤
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know dogs can be overwhelmed in situations with large groups, but it all depends on the dog, and his or hers personality attributes, and socialization skills ( vet students personal opinion).

Considering our wedding is only going to be 50 people max, and our dog goes to the rodeo and sits in the stand with 400+ people, and watches the horse races, and just chills out, and shows no signs of being stressed or overwhelmed. I'm sure she would do well with only 50 people Smiley smile
    Thank you for your input and I hope your day goes well for you with your friends dog Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personal opinion. Include them for photos or part of the day somehow. Being at a ceremony or reception (regardless of venue rules) with so many people is overwhelming even for the best behaved animals.

We have my friends dog that we watch all the time (we are so close he listens to me better than his mommy). For my FH it was important he was in some photos. So we talked to our friend and she is gonna leave ceremony/grab him for photos. Take him home. Come party.

If we had our own dog. I would be doing something similar. Only have him for photos. Have a friend help dog sit.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg they're stunning! ❤
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sorry they aren't here anymore ❤
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I did this a few times too 😂
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love all these puppy photos!!! EEEEE. We seriously considered training our cat... haha. But it's not going to happen.

I think as long as you have all the logistics worked out for who's watching them, taking them out to the bathroom, feeding them, etc... and double checked your venue allows it... it's all good!

Also consider their temperament. We have a malamute wolf who lives with my FH's parents, and he would nip and bite at all the guests when he gets scared.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhhh *heart melted*... Love this Smiley love

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My dog was rescued from being confined and used for breeding for the first 4 years of her life, she doesn't like to be kenneled so we don't even have a crate of any sort for her anymore. I think it will be too much hassle taking her back and forth and also too stressful for her, she doesn't like being around alot of people and gets overwhelmed easily. We'll do some photos beforehand with her and that will have to be enough.
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both my mom's dog Fern and my dog Ricky Baker, were guests at our wedding haha.

Fern at the weddingPet inclusion? 15

Ricky BakerPet inclusion? 16

• Jennifer
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If my puppies were still here ... they'd be included in a heartbeat! Probably will steal the show ... but I'm totally ok with that! I say do what you feel... and including them seems appropriate.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just came back to look at everyones dogs Smiley heart

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To solve the photo issue we're doing most of our photos before hand so we can have her in them and less wait time between the ceremony and the reception.

Here's a pic of my rescue Violet. Best post ever!! I love dogs even more than I love weddings, love seeing all your furbabies! I wish they could all be at all the weddings Smiley laugh

Pet inclusion? 17
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I was hoping for dog pictures and that's why I posted clovers 😂 I know it's probably going to be hard to have her and her future brother there, but they'll be family, and all of the kennels around here are terrifying and all the family friends will be celebrating with us lol
    And she's such a nice looking dog! She reminds me of a friend's dog named zues 😊
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh. I clicked the best post yet - so many pictures of cute pups!! haha, I wanted to have my dog Zoey at our wedding but the fact of the matter for us is that she will end up being in the way or a bit of a burden to take care of instead of enjoying the night. We will probably put her in a doggy day care or something.

And of course because everyone posted their pup - here is my girl Zoey!

Pet inclusion? 18

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! I still don't have my sewing machine in our house yet, it's been sitting at my parents and my mother now says it's her 😂
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I made one! I bought a plain black collar and sewed the bowtie I made on to itSmiley smile
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you buy his bowtie? Or did you just make it? Smiley smile and he is a handsome dog!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hes gonna look pretty cute in his bowtie 😁😁

Hes my parents favourite child 😂

Pet inclusion? 19
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We made sure our venue was pet friendly 😊 and all our guests don't have dog allergies, so we are okay there! Awe your pom is so precious!
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try to include your pet where you can. Keep in mind that some venues aren't pet friendly and some of your guests may have allergies. I have a Pomeranian but she can't really be included. Still trying to get pictures with her though.

Pet inclusion? 20
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes the choices we make have to comes with alternatives which we were ok to go proceed ahead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics