Skip to main content
Jennifer
Super August 2018 Alberta

Perfume for the Wedding Day

Jennifer, on April 10, 2018 at 12:25 Posted in Beauty 0 33
Saved

Hey Ladies!
I would like to pick out a new perfume for the wedding day and am looking for recommendations. Just wondering who out there is doing the same or has done this and what scent did you choose? I usually like something light and sweet. My fiancé gifted me the Crystal Gardenia by Kim Kardashian for Christmas and I like it. I’d just like something that reminds of my wedding day when I smell it and there’s so many options out there. What’s your wedding day scent?

33 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on May 14, 2018 at 10:21
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    I went with Flowerbomb Smiley flower
    Thanks for all your suggestions!! Smiley smile

Perfume for the Wedding Day 1
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Yes I have issues with my allergies when it comes to perfume as well I kinda just bare through it since I’m allergic to everything on the planet! Lol jk but a lot of fragrances do bother my allergies. I can usually tell right away so I’ll definitely try grabbing some samples first thanks Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Awe this is so sweet Smiley heart Lol yay the countdown is on!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I love this also! So good! I find their commercial is exactly how I feel when I smell it.....does that even make sense?! Lol
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    I have a love hate relationship with Fragrance! Some I'm allergic to, and or the ones I fall in love with get discontinued! Lol Seriously it's happened 3 times! Looking for a new one to purchase as we speak!

Got a sample of Guerlain's new Fragrance, Mon Guerlain, and it's amazing! Fresh and fruity , not heavy at all!

Oooh and I love CHANEL's COCO Mademoiselle! So good!
    I got the Guerlain sample from Shoppers Drug Mart. Maybe go in there and ask them for samples so you can find a scent you really like. Smiley smile
  • A
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    Coco Channel, Madamoiselle.

Its such a bold, light and memorable scent. Lasts all day, very feminine and floral.
  • Alissa
    Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    I absolutely love sweet scents, My go-to is Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent, it has a bit of of a fruity scent to it. My FH loves it!
    I found flowerbomb by V+R a little strong for me, if you like light try Bonbon by them instead. Prada Candy is also always a good choice!
    My wedding scent will probably be Black Opium, Floral Shock by Yves Saint Laurent. Its also sweet, but a little less sugary (more grown up) than the others.
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute

I have decided to wear my late grandma's chance by chanel perfume. She always wore it and has now been deceased for 3 years this July.

I have read a few articles that recommend trying a lot. Lol. And pick the one that in the future when you smell it again it reminds you of your special day.

PS: Just realized we have the same wedding month and remembered were friends! Lol

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Someone else has recommended this one too I’ll defintely have to check it out thanks!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Oooo ok I’ll look into those thanks!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute

Flowerbomb Viktor! Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute

My fiance discovered Michel Germain "Sexual" a couple years ago. It's an alcohol free cologne and it's AAAAAMazing.... Literally just hug him for a good 2 minutes every time he puts it on.

They have a women's scent, Michel Germain, "Sexual Noir"... I really like it. It's lighter, doesn't over power, and has a little hint of a sexy smell to it. They also have a Sexual Sugar (perhaps better if you like a light/sweet smell).

You can find them at The Bay. They do have samples.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Ok good to know thanks!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Normally it's 4 samples! But each sample can last I'd say 3-4 days if used a few sprays each time!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Lol that’s so awesome still can’t belive I didn’t know they do that there! Do they limit how many samples you can get?
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    Thanks ladies!! I’m very excited to go perfume shopping now haha Smiley shame
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute

I'm a huge fan of now-brankupt Jacob's parfum collection. I still have a bottle at home, which I only use on special occasion haha. So I might opt for that, or go with Chanel.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

If you didn't live so far from I'd recommend what I usually do... and just keep going back for samples when ever I can hahaha!

I get some for my fiance of cologne too to keep in his car or backpack for on the go!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Omg yeah that’s such a good idea!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

No Problem! Yeah you can go to their fragrance section and smell a few different ones, see what you like and then you have to ask them to make a sample for you to take home!

Its nice as perfume can be crazy expensive... good to try it out for a few days on you before buying in full!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute

I wore Happy by Clinique.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute

1470884083-l.pngI love this kind, and I had a coach one I loved but its discontinued.

th?id=OIP.ZOlWUaBNP_NYQ-S9SlJfGQHaHa&pid

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Try to get a small spritz bottle if u can, but it's glass so be super careful-I had one, it fell off my shelf & broke, so I had to splurge on a full size bottle but it was SO worth it!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I seen that, I googled it and read the Sephora reviews haha and it has lots of good reviews 👍🏼
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Sephora has ysl black opium
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Ooo ysl black opium sounds nice I’ll definitely check it out thanks!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Haha yay for wedding day twins! I’ll definitely look for your suggestion and give it a smell sounds very nice, thanks!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute

I'm wearing what I always wear, because I'm allergic to most perfumes.

Hypnotic by Dior.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I’m two hours away from a Sephora but I do go to Edmonton often. I’ll have to try that! I didn’t know they gave out samples. I bought my fiancé a cologne from them and don’t remember getting samples but this was a couple years ago now. Thanks! Smiley smile
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    Im debating:
    ysl black opium
    belle cherie (from Fragonard in Paris)
    glo by jlo
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute

I'm a huge fan of Chance by Chanel. I've tried their Eau Tendre (it was more florally) but I wear their Eau Fraiche on a daily basis and loveeeeee it.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute

DKNY - Be Delicious is my absolute favourite. It's sweet without being overpowering and I always get complements when wearing it.

https://tinyurl.com/yabo9ppr

I love the idea of a new perfume to remind me of the day though - thanks for sharing Jennifer (my wedding date twin!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics