Looking for some ideas for parents gifts !! I’m stuck

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 26, 2018 at 13:31
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the keychain since its usable and to remember whats given with your wedding date to each parent of the initial letter on one side.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That first one for mom and the last picture of socks for dad I neeeeed to get!!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's a super cute idea too!!!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You could always go to a an engraving or trophy shop (most trophy shops have engraving machines). buy a carafe/decanter to get engraved. and then buy the whisky he likes. and then he can continually reuse the decanter. a buddy did that as his groomsmen gift (with they year they became friends as "aged 13 years" and ALL the guys loved it.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's been my only problem! The one I've been looking at online only ships within the US... thankfully I have a family member there who will bring it up for me but still!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't fully decided. I like the tie/patch hidden in it. go with what suits them too.

my aunt and uncle are my "parents" through all this. and my aunt LOVES picture frames/photos. so I found them the frame/saying below.

I am also going to get all the parents coffee mugs with their title. and they are all coffee drinkers.

still stuck on my FFIL. he may not get anything wedding related. it may be something sports related. hahaha

Parents gifts 1

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't know what kind of whisky he likes. but JP wisers now does engraved bottles. and they are awesome. i'm just not sure if they ship. its local to Windsor. so I love it Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I liked these ideas:

Parents gifts 2

Parents gifts 3

Parents gifts 4

Parents gifts 5

Parents gifts 6

Parents gifts 7

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting my FMIL a nice charm from pandora! She has 2 full bracelets of them and this will be my first addition to them and I thought it was the perfect time! My FFIL I'm thinking a custom engraved 15 year old whiskey (he loves it), some websites so engravings on the bottles which is what I'm going for! My FH will get for my parents I'm not sure if hes thought of anything yet but I have some ideas if hes not too sure!
    One idea for my dad (hes a huge Green Bay fan) would be to get him an official heresy with his last name / number on it! They aren't cheap and I know he would love that more than almost anything else haha!!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can go traditional, jewelry, cufflinks, etc... Or go more personal to the individual. My mom will probably be getting some sort of photo collage, because she likes sentimental stuff... My dad isn't a gift person, so his will probably be more generic/ something for the wedding... My FMIL isn't a big jewelry person, so I will probably look at some Harley-Davidson jewelry, that I know she likes.

You can also look at personal experiences... I've been considering getting my sister (MOH) a mani/pedi outing to "wind down" after the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics