Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Paperless Invites

Abbie, on January 30, 2022 at 22:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Has anyone designed and emailed their own invites manually (Instead of using an online site)? Any regrets or considerations?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on February 7, 2022 at 07:40
  • Vanessa
    Beginner June 2022 Quebec
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Abbie! Those are my 3 little fur babies. I put the link right under the invite for people to see. That being said some older folks were a bit confused. For them, I took a screen shot of the STD and sent it by email saying they could just reply to the email. I also just sent 1 email per family, you can address it to several people so with 50 flyers you can invite many! Good luck in finding what your are looking for!🤗
    Paperless Invites 1

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I’ll have to look into the WeddingWire option - thank you so much! ☺️
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are stunning! And that’s a great idea to link it to the WeddingWire account - I’ll have to look into that! Thank you ☺️
  • Vanessa
    Beginner June 2022 Quebec
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi abby! I used the flyer option from paperless post. You can send up to 50 for free. I basically just found the visuals I liked online and created a collage on word. I uploaded my collage as one image and then added the text directly in paperless. It can be a bit more time consuming but for me it was worth it having a custom save the date for free. I linked it to my wedding wire website if people where ready to respond. This is what I ended up with Paperless Invites 2

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know one cousin who used greenvelope and others unsure of the websites they used. This site has its own website which you can use to have your invitation posted.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those all look so nice!! I might have to borrow that idea! 😊
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Abbie!
    Oh yes, Canva is great with the edits and you can do a lot with it and it turns out well. You are very welcome!! 😊 For my welcome table, I created some signs that had the same templates as well. Including ‘Our Love Story’ and ‘Table number and guests list’.
    Paperless Invites 3
    Paperless Invites 4
    Paperless Invites 5
    Paperless Invites 6
    Paperless Invites 7
    Paperless Invites 8
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! ☺️
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the insight all the same! ☺️ I wanted to use green envelope but unfortunately we’re *just* over the threshold for the lower tier so we’d be paying double for just 3 more invites. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Jacalyn
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Jacalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered digital templates off of Etsy which I could edit/create with using a web based tool and then I ordered the prints from Prints of Love. Has gone very smoothly.

• Sascha
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Sascha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never mind, lol I guess I glanced over the part where you asked if someone did it without using an online site. Loved the site we used though, would recommend them to anyone
  • Sascha
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Sascha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using greenvelope.com . We sent out the save the dates and they were great. It allows you to keep track of everything.

I originally wanted to mail out invites and go all out with stationery design, personal touches and etc but the online option worked out well and our invites look great.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tunisha - those look great! I’m thinking of designing our invites through Canva as well Smiley smile glad to hear it worked well for you 😊 thanks for your insight!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Abbie,
    I did not use email, but I made my own on Canva, then I sent them by text. I find it better. It was very personal and that option saved me money!! Hahaha!

It worked for us. I would recommend but it depends upon what you like. The invites will be thrown out anyways when you do all the printing and such. Might as well sent them text and not have to deal with the entire process to decorate and such. 🤷🏽‍♀️ my opinion. Haha.
    Paperless Invites 9

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics