Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Panicking about hair and makeup

Kelly, on July 30, 2019 at 17:07 Posted in Beauty 0 7

Just over a month to go, and starting to feel very anxious about hair and makeup. I had my trial back in May, and wasn't happy with the results. In fact...I'm considering maybe changing hair and makeup people all together.

I feel so stuck though. The trial cost the same amount as the day of....so like $150. And the other person I've been chatting to is even more expensive...closer to $200. I don't know that I can justify doing another trial. Its so expensive. I also have the bridesmaids and my mom to think about if I'm switching because a higher cost will affect them too.

What would you do? I did chat to the hair and makeup people about what I wasn't thrilled with. But I still feel so iffy about it, you know?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Karine, on August 1, 2019 at 20:35
  • Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I understand your disappointment! There are so many great MUAs that charge less. If it doesn’t work out with your original Mua, I suggest you check the social media accounts before deciding, it usually is a good indication at their abilities to color match and style of makeup!
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If another trial with the same person doesn't work out, I would go for another trial with a different person. It is worth it in my opinion, peace of mind and less stress on the day of. And to get the makeup look that I want. Hair and makeup is very very important.. it'll show up in all the photos! Will probably just cut something from the decor rental, or maybe get a less expensive type of drink for the bar, to compromise for the extra hair and makeup costs Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with getting another trial with the original person. Hopefully she'll do it free of charge if she wants to keep you and your wedding party as a client.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would request another trial and mention how you weren't happy with the results prior and you had voiced this. this shouldn't be another charge as didn't go well. I don't think she will want to loose a wedding party either or a slot this close to your wedding! She should be willing to do so

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would see about getting another trial - see if she is willing to do it free of charge since you were unhappy the first time and reason with her that you can't afford to be doing a dozen trials and that this time around the trial will be until you are happy with the makeup so you can get it right? I wouldn't change up the person though as it is more money and they might have the same problems you face right now but at a higher price.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just continue to be honest with them. It is your day, and your look! I would ask for another trial because you weren't happy with the last result and see what they say. Like Bianca said, they should do it for free to keep your business as you already paid and weren't happy.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I were you, I'd request a new trial from the original girl. Tell her that you're unhappy with it and see what she can do. I'm sure she wants your business and should do a re-trial for free.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics