Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie July 2025 Alberta

Overwhelming

Dawsyn, on September 13, 2023 at 18:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hey everyone I just got engaged this weekend and I don’t know where to start! We are getting married next August or September! Where did you all start?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on September 25, 2023 at 19:35
  • Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started by talking to our priest at the church that we have always attended together. Religion has always been very important to us
  • Marta
    Newbie April 2024 Pennsylvania
    Marta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Greetings! I am happy to announce that my boyfriend has asked me to be his wife and I said yes! We are planning a wedding for April 1, 2024.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started off with 2 dates and then searched out venues. We wanted to make sure the venue we wanted was available on those 2 dates just incase. Then we did our list and then did budget. Every couple is different though so make sure to avoid asking a bunch of people outside of the two of you. That's where it tends to get messy.

Congrats & Good Luck!

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We looked at venues first to try to figure out what our budget would need to look like for what we want. I know many figure out their budget first which I agree is probably the most important.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I second everything the girls have said and also remember to stay true to what you and your partner envision for the day. It can be easy to get influenced by people close to you with their opinions, etc. so don't feel bad for wanting what you want Smiley heart

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement!

We started with the most important thing- venue (we wanted to get married in the mountains), and would only look at things within our budget (most places will have a minimum spend requirement so we looked at $10k and under). Once we found something we loved we asked about available dates in the months we wanted (Sept to Nov) and the capacity so we could start on the guest list. After those big things happen you can start looking at the smaller stuff like your theme, colours, all the fun stuff!
    It feels so overwhelming at first so lean on people who can help (friends, parents), they will be able to help guide you in the right direction when you aren’t sure about something. The community here is great too 😊
    Have so much fun planning, this is an exciting time!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's something you and your partner need to decide. Every couple is different on how much they want to spend

• D
    Newbie July 2025 Alberta
    Dawsyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What’s a general budget to have these days?
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement!

I would start off with talking about a budget and how many people you are thinking of inviting That way with numbers, you can start looking at venues that hold that amount. Once you get your venue secured with your date start booking your other vendors like photographers, DJ, Officiant, Catering, Cake etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics