Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

Outfit for my groom

Samtam, on February 27, 2017 at 14:46 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

This was my groom's outfit. He looked so handsome on our wedding day!

The Groom

Suit

Our colours were purple and charcoal so we went with a charcoal tux from Moores.

Shirt

I had assumed that he would do a coloured shirt but the tux came with a white shirt and you could choose the shade. We chose ivory because my dress was ivory. I think it worked out well because it made the other pops of colour stand out more.

Vest

Our consultant at Moores had originally said that the groom should be in a charcoal vest to match the suit and then groomsmen would be in purple vests but we decided to switch because there was only one groomsman and I wanted my groom, not the Best Man, to match me. So glad we switched it!

Cufflinks

The tux rental came with cufflinks and they were nice and matched the tux. My husband doesn't get to wear cufflinks regularly so we decided to just use the ones that came with the rental instead of buying new ones.

Cufflink

Shoes

Moores had nice shoes to choose from. These were a good shape and looks super snazzy!

Shoes

Socks

My husband loves wearing colourful, patterned socks so he had fun picking out a pair for him and his brother to wear. We got them from Guess and they have a great selection! The tux rental came with socks (that you get to keep) so they got a bonus pair of socks.

Socks

Tie

For my husband's tie, we found a purple tie from Disneyland. We both love Disney and it had subtle, hidden Mickeys on it so it was a fun little secret since not many people noticed. Can you spot them? Smiley winking

Mickey tie

Boutonniere

We had paper flowers so we did paper bouts. Even though I'd told my groom that his was the one with the dark purple ribbon and his brother's was light purple, he texted me a pic when he was getting ready and he was wearing the wrong one! (I had given them to my MIL to give to the boys and I guess she told them the wrong ones.) Good thing he texted me so we could fix it before the ceremony! Smiley xd

Boutonniere

My groom looked so amazing on our wedding day and said he felt like he was a 10 so that's all that matters! Smiley catface

Husband and Wife

10 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on March 1, 2017 at 07:18
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That turned out fantastic!!!! Great work!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for sharing these Sam! You two have so much style! Smiley love I love how you both dressed at your wedding! Smiley heart I hadn't noticed the socks in your previous pictures! It's such a lovely detail!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That looks amazing! Great job!
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will deffinately going to check out that shop!! me and my bridesmaids are making some of mine to cut costs, this photo is an example of one my sister made

paper flower

paper flower

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Corina! I wish I was that skilled but I bought my flowers from More Paper Than Shoes on Etsy. She does amazing work!

• Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These photos are beautiful! Both of you look amazing!!! I am doing paper flowers as well for my wedding and I love the style of this boutonniere you made! Do you have the template for it? 😊
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Shannon! He loved the socks and now he wears them to work and it reminds him of the wedding! Smiley smile

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You both looked amazing! Love the socks
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Cassandra! Smiley shame