Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pat
Newbie September 2022 Quebec

Outdoor wedding in the rain!

Pat, on February 20, 2020 at 20:47 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
We are getting married on September 5th and are having a beautiful outdoor wedding reception. Our wedding is focused on warm lights, candles & yard games! I worry about rain as it would change everything! How do you entertain under a tent in rainy weather?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 6, 2020 at 11:58
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is fantastic advice! I think that someone else should be responsible for secondary plans as you already have enough on your plate.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t stress! It will be fine. Adults know how to entertain themselves. It rained on our wedding day and we laughed it off. And because we did, our guests did and everyone had a great time despite having been through a downpour. If you really want something, I would suggest passing it on to someone else to take care of. Has one of the moms or an aunt been dying to help out? Assign them to come up with rain games. That way, there’s a backup, and it frees you up to plan the rest of the details of the day.
  • Pat
    Newbie September 2022 Quebec
    Pat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your help! I'll definitely add it to my to-do list Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe get a karaoke machine? I’m assuming you’ll have power if you have twinkle lights. And just extra umbrellas for when people need to move from one areas to the next. Food music and booze will typically do the trick for entertainment.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're really worried I would have some umbrellas at the edge of the tent and near the bathrooms so if someone has to walk through the rain they'll be dry and if they get surprised by the rain on their way back they can grab one near the bathroom too!

I like Tori's suggestion of some rainy day indoor type activities like cards at each table. If there are any kids invited having some coloring books and simple Lego would be good too (even if it doesn't rain tbh). And like she said people will party no matter the weather!
    I've seen some beautiful rainy wedding photos with transparent umbrellas or through rainy windows.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well... I'm not sure about rain for the reception... but for my ceremony on October 5th 2019 it POURED... and it was outdoors.... so... I imagine a tent would be nice Smiley smile

We originally were also going to have yard games and bonfires - but with the rain not letting up until the guests started to leave all the guests were fine just doing what one normally does at a wedding; dancing and drinking while conversing with people they don't see that often. Only thing I would have added is that maybe I should have got a pack of cards for every table like we did for our wedding social... Other than that I wouldn't worry too much about it since most weddings don't have yard games when they have ballroom weddings.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics