Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Margaret
Beginner May 2019 Alberta

Outdoor Ceremony in May in Lethbridge,alberta

Margaret, on September 20, 2018 at 17:05 Posted in Alberta 0 10

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married in May 2019. At first we were planning to have our ceremony indoor in a church. However,I would love to have an outdoor ceremony. Is it to risky with the weather?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Margaret, on January 23, 2019 at 21:00
  • Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! We did decide to go with the outdoor ceremony with a church near by as a back up.
  • Ashley
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I’m chiming in a little late to this conversation, but I’m having my wedding in Lethbridge this October. I really want outdoor photos, so I was just curious if you decided to risk the weather or did you decide on a backup plan?
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's risky, but it's always risky! I got married in July and it rained. We had to move the ceremony indoors halfway through!

If they're different locations, maybe let people know to check your wedding website at a certain time the morning of the wedding in case the weather is a little iffy to see where the ceremony will be.

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Chiming in from edmonton with the "wtf is this winter in september" bs. may might be okay, but if i base it off of my typical experience of alberta weather, i'd be inclined to have a backup plan, at the very least. if it's not snow you have to be worried about, the potential for torrential spring downpour is always a thing too.

BUT YANNO, MAYBE THE WEATHER WILL BE NORMAL NEXT YEAR?! #hopesandprays

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup, I am in Edmonton and this is the second day this month that we've woken up to inches of snow.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I live close to edmonton, it’s September 21st and we woke up to almost half a foot of snow today... way to risky lol. Alberta weather is way to unpredictable. We are getting married end of April in Kananaskis and we are just going to do an indoor. I don’t want to risk it snowing that day and all of a sudden I’m in a strapless dress. Lol. Peggy’s idea of a backup location and telling people to check your wedding web page is a great idea!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tough question - I'm only doing an indoor location for our May wedding in Edmonton, because it's one less thing I have to worry about.

I would consider advising guests to check the wedding website (if you have one) 2 hours before the ceremony, maybe? Or, if the venues aren't far apart, have a sign ready to be put up at the Outdoor location directing them to the indoor one with a plan to push back the service start time by 30 minutes to accommodate the change?

• Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We could always have the church as a back up but it’s not in the same location, so how would you let the guest know?
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In Alberta? Yeah, it's risky. IF you do plan for an outdoor ceremony, you really do need to have an indoor backup ready to go.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to go for it if that is what you truly want! (And congrats on the engagement btw.)

I am having my wedding in October and we could run into rain or snow! The weather is pretty unpredictable year round unless you get married in the winter months of late December/ early January.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics