Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Outdoor ceremony decor

Cc, on June 22, 2022 at 16:11 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 14
For those that have or are having a small intimate outdoor ceremony did you go all out for the decor? I'm in such a toss between decorating and not as I do take into consideration of all the clean and well of course the weather also.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on July 8, 2022 at 12:10
  • T
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only décor we had was a wedding welcome sign (oh and my bouquet was on the signing table, as I didn't have a MOH to hold it.) The trees make a nice backdrop and there is way too much stress about who would set it up and clean it up etc. as outdoor space we couldn't set up the night before like we did our reception area (if you have a decorator hired or a planner/coordinator that does set up it's easier to have more décor).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony site had huge flower pots set and the water was the view to enjoy as the background. Outdoor ceremony decor 1

• Alana
    Curious September 2024 Quebec
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I am also hoping to do the ceremony outdoors and since our wedding is going to be in September I do hope we have good weather. I think its a good idea to have some decorations that can work both outdoors and indoors (just in case the weather isn't the best). But I agree with everyone else that using the natural beauty of the outdoors is sufficient 😊 just adding a few flowers here and there to make it all come together and it will turn out stunning!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just added faux pew flowers to mark the aisle seats and had an arrangement on the arch itself. Other than that, we just used the natural scenery of the space.

• Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing an outdoor ceremony and the only decor we will have is our arch!
    If your outdoor ceremony space is already beautiful and if nature already decorated, I think it will look beautiful.
    But if you want to go all out, go ahead! I saw some wedding where they used vintage chairs and couches as “decor” for their outdoor ceremony! It would work for an intimate wedding since you won’t need a lot! ☺️ Something like the photo!Outdoor ceremony decor 2

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!!
  • V
    Beginner July 2022 Saskatchewan
    Vhjbg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s gorgeous 😍
  • V
    Beginner July 2022 Saskatchewan
    Vhjbg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a small ceremony at the chapel, and aren’t having any decor outside just inside of the chapel.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is! Sometimes just the scenery is enough!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue is already decorated with greenery and flowers so anything additional is basically to make it over the top looking. Because it’s at the end of September I may ask to add pumpkins. But if the scenery is already gorgeous on it’s own, splurge on other things.
  • C
    Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's beautiful scenery!! I know we are building an arch out of my old barn boards and where we are getting married there is just so much beautiful trees and surrounded by some old rustic buildings and a barn 😊
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our ceremony were only having our unplugged sign sitting up against a wine barrel. We have a beautiful arch and the winery already has so many flowers in the ceremony area
    Outdoor ceremony decor 3

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our ceremony we had an arch with flowers, a welcome sign and a unplugged ceremony sign.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So I am doing a micro wedding with only 30 people at the ceremony, I rented an arch, chairs and an easel. I am paying about $450 for flowers for the arch and I am buying a wedding welcome sign. That's it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics