Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Our #loveisdollyouneed Wedding!

Tori, on October 15, 2019 at 11:00

Posted in Just married 41

I'M MARRIED!!!! Yup... I know - October 5th was like 10 days ago... but man, life is hectic! Okay, first things first- when I last posted the night before the wedding (Let's get'er done!) everything was going great!... Okay... maybe not great.... 1. Groomsman lost his tie so my Husband had to give...

I'M MARRIED!!!!

Yup... I know - October 5th was like 10 days ago... but man, life is hectic!

Okay, first things first- when I last posted the night before the wedding (Let's get'er done!) everything was going great!... Okay... maybe not great....

1. Groomsman lost his tie so my Husband had to give him his and where a purple one instead of teal

2. Groomsman forgot to bring his shirt so one of my bridesmaids drove back to get it before I was told

3. The dock we were supposed to be married on was taken out early due to strong current and high river

4. The weather was calling for points where is would stop raining but at those points it only slowed down to a mist

5. Didn't get any of the dessert... honestly it was just like how it was on HIMYM where they couldn't get fed but at least I had the main supper

6. We say the videographer run to the ceremony site after we already started the processional...

7. The tent that was supposed to be set up at the second ceremony site wasn't set up and we were only told this 4 hours before the ceremony start time... they informed us it takes 5 hours to set it up...

Started the day crying with tears of joy and excitement, then it changed to crying due to weather and not being able to even get married at the second ceremony site, and then my Husband worked his miracle magic!

Somehow, whether it's because my Husband is a Carpenter and a couple of his GM's are in the trades as well, or maybe because they aren't in their 50's like the owners - they got the tent up without me knowing it in just ONE HOUR!!! ... Que the tears

The rain didn't go away in time for the pictures, it didn't go away in time for the ceremony or even the reception. But we did it! We got soaked - but we did it!

cfb_53843.jpg

cfb_53845.jpg

Just a couple pics that we took/ my Mom took on her phone Smiley tongue

Here's one from my photographer that we will be using on our thank-you's!

cfb_53851.jpg

Looking forward to getting more pictures (📷: victoria-pereira @ live.ca)

Now for the positive/words of wisdom! Smiley tongue

1. We did it!

2. Our food was a hit!

3. Everybody loved our wedding favours (blankets)

4. Nothing except the weather was a downer for guests - which they can't blame us for!

5. Did I mention I'm married now?

Okay, ya - those emergency kits... didn't need them. Nothing is that big of a deal in hindsight but you ARE allowed to be upset in the moment. Enjoy the day yes - but it doesn't go by very fast... at least it didn't for us. At one point we just wanted to hurry up and get to the reception part! You will be FINE when it comes to food - we had a full lunch meal no problem and weren't even that hungry by supper...

We are all going to have different outcomes - but yes, I'm glad it's done!!

So ya... any questions for the new Mrs. Doll? Smiley tongue

41 Comments

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, it's true - and after all he did with the tent I can absolutely say that there were NO cold feet!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you 😊

Hard to tell if people who attended actually liked it or if they are just being nice but I think based on them raving about the food when at my Husband's cousin's wedding there were quite a few complaints - I'd say they are telling the truth about how much they enjoyed it Smiley laugh

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks 😊

At least now we have quite the story to tell our future kids!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you 😊

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so happy (most) everything went well for you!!! I feel like I was waiting for an update from you for years lol!

Definitely take a minute to be upset if something but don't let it drag the whole day down!

Can't wait to get married in 4 days, and start our honeymoon in a week!!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! You two survived the day getting through the obstacles. Be blessed that you have an amazing husband that has a great outlook of solutions to problems and with great help. Sometimes we just know the day wouldn't be complete with things unknown and great results.

Enjoy being Newlyweds!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!! So happy you enjoyed your day despite some things not going according to plan.

Your photos look spectacular!!
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! I don't know of too many weddings that go 100% perfectly! Sounds like you were able to strive through the snags and they didn't seem to ruin the happiness of the event! You and your husband look so very happy! I love your dress!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations Tori. Wow lots of variables! Glad things worked out for the big stuff on your wedding day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics