Yup... I know - October 5th was like 10 days ago... but man, life is hectic!
Okay, first things first- when I last posted the night before the wedding (Let's get'er done!) everything was going great!... Okay... maybe not great....
1. Groomsman lost his tie so my Husband had to give him his and where a purple one instead of teal
2. Groomsman forgot to bring his shirt so one of my bridesmaids drove back to get it before I was told
3. The dock we were supposed to be married on was taken out early due to strong current and high river
4. The weather was calling for points where is would stop raining but at those points it only slowed down to a mist
5. Didn't get any of the dessert... honestly it was just like how it was on HIMYM where they couldn't get fed but at least I had the main supper
6. We say the videographer run to the ceremony site after we already started the processional...
7. The tent that was supposed to be set up at the second ceremony site wasn't set up and we were only told this 4 hours before the ceremony start time... they informed us it takes 5 hours to set it up...
Started the day crying with tears of joy and excitement, then it changed to crying due to weather and not being able to even get married at the second ceremony site, and then my Husband worked his miracle magic!
Somehow, whether it's because my Husband is a Carpenter and a couple of his GM's are in the trades as well, or maybe because they aren't in their 50's like the owners - they got the tent up without me knowing it in just ONE HOUR!!! ... Que the tears
The rain didn't go away in time for the pictures, it didn't go away in time for the ceremony or even the reception. But we did it! We got soaked - but we did it!
Just a couple pics that we took/ my Mom took on her phone
Here's one from my photographer that we will be using on our thank-you's!
Looking forward to getting more pictures (📷: victoria-pereira @ live.ca)
Now for the positive/words of wisdom!
1. We did it!
2. Our food was a hit!
3. Everybody loved our wedding favours (blankets)
4. Nothing except the weather was a downer for guests - which they can't blame us for!
5. Did I mention I'm married now?
Okay, ya - those emergency kits... didn't need them. Nothing is that big of a deal in hindsight but you ARE allowed to be upset in the moment. Enjoy the day yes - but it doesn't go by very fast... at least it didn't for us. At one point we just wanted to hurry up and get to the reception part! You will be FINE when it comes to food - we had a full lunch meal no problem and weren't even that hungry by supper...
We are all going to have different outcomes - but yes, I'm glad it's done!!
So ya... any questions for the new Mrs. Doll?