Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Expert September 2020 Ontario

Organize. Organize. Organize!!!

Emily, on September 15, 2019 at 20:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hey y’all ☺️

Im trying to stay as organized as possible because I’m a major control freak😅 so far I have a binder with all my inspiration and ideas and a little planner I got from amazon. Any other tips and tricks to stay on track?🙏💕

Organize. Organize. Organize!!! 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on September 19, 2019 at 15:21
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that makes sense!!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s all in my binder there 😁😁
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never ended up using a planner. i got a folder from dollarama and i have all my contracts for each vendor in each slip in the folder and all the notes i made about that particular vendor etc.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The planner from Amazon? I'd either skip sections or use the "Notes" section to add something that isn't there lol.

Wedding Wire checklist: Click on the task (not the check mark) you want to edit and you should be able to edit.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your very welcome!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ouuuuh smart!!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh goodness girl that’s coming up!! How exciting 🎊🎊

I definitely don’t want to be doing anything major in the last month or 2. Maybe just finalizing DIYs and such, so I’m trying to get everything out of the way that I can 😁
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did find that too! How did you customize / change it?!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea Vinod!! Thank you for sharing 🙏💕
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The one idea that may be good if you wish a packing checklist to know that you have everything for each even event as you finish receiving the items.

6 bags for our day were set based on set up for Head Table, favours & Thank You cards, wedding ceremony accessories, reception décor, wedding outfits and regular clothes to wear. It helped to know that everything was ready to go and nothing was left behind.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have the same planner (also ordered off Amazon lol)! I find there is some things that it had that I don't need (e.g. transportation, catering) so it was a little overwhelming but I customized it better to fit my needs.

Also I use the weddingwire.ca checklist A LOT. You can edit, add, and delete tasks to better fit your situation.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Big tip that I could have used - although the checklist here on WeddingWire is a bit off on the time line as you should hire certain vendors earlier than what they recommend - the last couple months should be done on time! I'm still working at the 2-3 months before the wedding and I've got less than 20 full days before I tie the knot!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think the calendar helped me the most! I also put everything on my work calendar, so I could see everything in one calendar and plan my work schedule around what wedding things needed to get done!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally did that with my Pinterest as soon as I got engaged 😁😁 the calandra is a super great idea!! I love it. Definitely going to do that! We have a calendar for our budget savings plan but didn’t think to include other things on it too!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazing! Being organized makes things so much better.
    I made a master calendar for each month with pay dates, appointments, and when I needed things done. This way I could see everything on a calendar and it was easier to plan life around it.
    Dont feel like you need to do everything super fast.
    If you have a Pinterest board organize everything and delete pins that you won’t do. I split my board right down to each little section of the wedding to make it easier!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics