Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Opportunity Bridal sale?

Peggy, on April 4, 2018 at 12:29 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone to an Opportunity Bridal gown sale. If you have, what was your experience like? Are the styles modern or several years out of style? Good quality dresses? Good designers? Prices as they claim?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlyn, on April 25, 2020 at 13:54
  • K
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do there prices include taxes or no? I’m thinking of attending one in November.
  • Sam
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my dress last weekend at an Opportunity Bridal sale and am very happy with it. I don't know much about modern/ in style. I found there wasn't a huge selection in my size(I was ranging around 18-20) but obviously not too bad considering I did find something. I would go early in the day you will find better selection. I showed up about 20 mins before they opened and did not have to wait long at all.

• Katy
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Katy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you ever get an answer to this question?
  • Sam
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a crazy markup! Smiley surprise

Thanks for the info, very helpful. I am going to one soon!

Did you find it was very busy/crowded?

• Kalei
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Kalei ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went in March and it was great. I found my dress and the prices were very good! The hostess so to speak was super honest and hilarious, she really gave realistic expectations regarding sizes, and even all the other girls who went were so nice. There were lots of styles and lots of size selection.
  • C
    Newbie July 2020 British Columbia
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you opportunity bridal!!! ❤️ I had a great experience today at your Richmond bridal pop-up shop. Ricarda and staff were amazing and kept the atmosphere fun and not stressful in anyway. Thank you for helping me find my dress !! - Cassandra M.
  • J
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I missed the sale in January in Barrie, but I found another event on a facebook group for another sale on May 4th. Its by dreamsbridal.ca. I messaged them on facebook and they said they have Maggie Sottero, Mori Lee, Stella York just to name a few and some of the dresses are from 2018 and nothing is over $999.

• Deirdre
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Deirdre ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How do I get a pass for early admission?
  • Mrsbtobe
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Mrsbtobe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to one Jan 13, 2019 in Barrie. Spent 1.5 hours in line watching most brides exit with a dress so decided to wait it out. I was just engaged and wanted a dress in my closet as soon as possible. Smiley smile Note: No makeup (they have makeup removal wipes at the door) wear leggings and a strapless bra.
    I tried on at least 10 dresses, lace, silk, ornate, traditional, simple, floral. I am a street size 12, bridal 16/18, the selection was good. Nothing is over $999.
    I went in looking for lace, no train, back covered, off the shoulder but sleeves for sure. I fell in love with a strapless number with a train!?! I had to try the wide range of styles to see what worked with my figure...they let us try everything on, were very kind, didn’t rush us out, once I got in the dress that was nothing like I wanted, I stood there for an hour in it. I needed to be sure. The material and quality of the dress was excellent. The beading secure, the built in corset amazing, it fit me like a glove, no alterations required. Tag said $1600 original. Sale $799. I paid gladly. A few hours, 1 location & I was done! After I left, I took my bridesmaids looking for dresses and found the wedding gown I JUST bought for $800 priced at $2650 in a store 10 minutes away. Smiley smile

• S
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm going to the one in Ajax this coming Saturday and I was wondering if it was a "too good to be true" scenario. But now I'm really excited!
  • M
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does anyone know if they carry essence of Australia or stella york? and are they all dresses from a few years ago or current styles?

• Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a bridal show and knew I was buying there. I found an amazing dress that was originally 1800 and I paid 300.
  • Danielle
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to one thinking it would be an easy way to narrow down what I liked and disliked without any pressure. I went towards the end of the day and likely was less selection but still had a few in every style. I actually did end up getting a dress. It is from the 2015 line but still a beautiful dress and I doubt anyone at the wedding will know what is in and out of style lol. It was also cheap enough if I change my mind I won’t regret buying it. Agree with others to watch for small damage and to go with an open mind. Also tights and a strapless bra are good in case you don’t get a change room. Fun experience either way!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister found her dress at one and loved it. It wasn’t as crazy busy as she expected but she went later in the day.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going in April 22nd here in Windsor. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm going with opens mind. If i don't find a dress I have a back up appointment at a diff date.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very good tip! I'm planning to take a few detail oriented people with me for checking!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also watch out for minor damage. I had to skip a dress because my sister discovered a rip.
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to one in March in Markham and had a good experience. Lots of selection on dresses and bridal accessories. The staff was friendly and helpful. They explained a few rules before letting 25 wedding parties in.

I went in March so that month there might have been fewer people looking to get dresses. There was no line up and enough space.

There are racks set up and organized by size. Tent like dressing rooms for changing.

No shoes or makeup allowed.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the feedback - I think it's worth going to see, if nothing else!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have not personally attended one, however I have had two friends find great success at their shows. It really depends on what you are looking for and the price point. I definitely suggest going earlier to have a greater selection of dresses

• Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one and was not impressed. Selection was slim for the size I was looking for. There were a few gems, but were a bridal 4-6. I didn't find anything even close to being an option fo me. I agree with Elizabeth's point that probably 80% of their stock looks very out of style. No harm in checking it out though if you have the time. You might get lucky if you are one of the first to get in!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one, they do have a few good styles at good prices but you need to get the early passes to make sure you're in before everyone else. The nice dresses go really fast, and probably 80% of their stock looks very out of style. If you're in need of a good and cheap find for your big day though this sale can be really helpful!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't been to one personally, but my older sister told me just yesterday that I should be open to going to one, or a trunk show, where you can find "amazing deals" on good quality dresses.

Personally, I know my style/direction I'm going with my dress, so I feel like my options would be very narrowed down. But if you're open to anything, it is definitely worth at least going. At least then you'll know, and if you do find your dress, it's guaranteed to be a great deal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics