Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Livv
Beginner October 2021 Nova Scotia

Opinions on types of wedding rings

Livv, on October 12, 2018 at 14:42 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

I have a beautiful ring I have in mind as my wedding ring, but it has a few jewels on it. I am not a ring wearing person, and am worried that the stones might be a huge bother. Does anyone have any opinions on whether I should just go with a regular band or not.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on October 15, 2018 at 17:00
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never wear my engagement ring because I'm not a big ring wearer. One of my coworkers told me she doesn't wear her engagement ring often for the same reason and wishes she had gotten a wedding band with a little more bling as a result. I ended up going with a wedding band that had small pave diamonds all the ridge so it has a little extra glint, but they're set right into the metal so there's nothing sticking out or getting in the way.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

if you are worried about stones coming out of the wedding band. but want a small bit of bling. get a channel set band. I've seen them with diamonds all the way around. and some with just 4 or 5 stones.

channel set wedding bandOpinions on types of wedding rings 1

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not a huge fan of big stones or thick rings either and thought I’d have to go with a plain band but I found this one at Ben moss and it’s perfect for me. It definitely takes a lot of browsing!

Opinions on types of wedding rings 2
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would see how a plain wedding ring looks with your engagement ring (if you have one) depending on the style, you might decide you want one with stones.

I used to never wear rings either but now I feel weird not wearing my engagement ring.

• K
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted just a plain band, and i was 150% sure of it. my engagement ring is super fragile because of the setting, and i have knocked out a diamond at work (it was so hard to find on the floor with all the salt pieces dragged in from winter omg)

i wanted something that would last and i wouldn't be worried about wearing it everyday, so i plain band was obvious. but when i tried them on, i didn't really like how it looked on my hand, i ended up getting one that has the diamonds really low in the band (and i got the stores lifetime warranty, that covers replacement diamonds !)

Opinions on types of wedding rings 3 Opinions on types of wedding rings 4

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try the band you are thinking of on with your engagement ring and see how it feels. I had my mind set on just a plain band. But I changed my mind once I started trying ones on and got one with some small stones. So trying then on really gives you the best idea of what you will like.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it all depends on your engagement ring. If your ring has a lot of details, i would go with something simple, and visa versa.

But in the end you want it to be something that looks good with your engagement ring, and something you would love to wear every day Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What kind of engagement ring do you have? (style/cut) or will you be having just the one wedding ring? Any pictures?? lol I love seeing rings!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics