Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Master October 2020 New Brunswick

Only 8 months to go!

Amelia, on February 2, 2020 at 10:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19
I woke up this morning and my very first thought was "8 months from today!!" In 8 short (!) months I marry my best friend!
We've got a lot of planning done and to-dos crossed off but there is still so much to get done! Next for us is wedding invitations, then a bunch of diy projects in the spring.
Where are you all at with wedding planning? What's the next item on your I do to-do list?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Beatriz, on February 7, 2020 at 21:45
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Less than 4 months to go!!! I think we are pretty much done.... looking for flower girl dresses and ring bearer suits is on my list, also haven't decided if we are going to go with a videographer....

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am almost at the 6 month mark and have the same feeling as you! We have gotten a lot done but we still have the reception decor to buy and figure out. It feels like we've gotten so much done, but on the other hand it feels like we havent.

Our wedding invites we sent out last week though and surprisingly that felt like a huge weight off our shoulders.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not far behind time wise. We have a good part done, now we are working on invitations and the florist.

I am starting to feel the pressure. Spring will be here soon and before you know it, its the middle of summer.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just passed our 8-month mark at the end of January too. So much to do still! Next up for us is putting together invites when we get back from a vacation.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At this point the invitations were sent and online shopping was still to get the small things ordered. Dinner meals were chosen for tasting appointment 2 months prior.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yesterday was a year and 9 months since we got engaged, and thursday will be 4 months exactly until the wedding!!! it’s coming up so fast now!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay!! So exciting! I remember when we did our invitations and I was obsessed with all the choices! Only thing left wedding wise for us is to get our pictures from our photographer on a USB (have them online but want them clearer to print) and make a wedding book!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Next week marks the 8 month exactly mark for me and while I'm excited I'm also freaking the eff out! My bridal party came over last night to have kind of a planning meeting and help start addressing our invitations and honestly it stressed me out more than anything! I felt unprepared and unorganized even though most of my wedding planning is done and we're down to the details.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 8 months to go!! we just ordered our rings and invitations woohoo! i dont have anything to do lol

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a very busy weekend! I had one of those in October, I bought my dress, picked a venue, and had our engagement photos all in 3 days.
  • Nicole
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    8 months tomorrow! This weekend we accomplished a lot. We confirmed our catering, bought my wedding ring, asked my final bridesmaid, and I got my wedding dress! Next up is thinking about outfits for everyone else and confirming my final colours so I can think about invitations and decorations.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Five months exactly for us today! Smiley smile. I think all our big things are done. I'm getting my (untraditional) wedding dress made by a family friend; meeting to pick out fabric for that in two weeks. Signed the contract for our photographer yesterday, meeting with our ceremony site tomorrow Smiley smile. The only real "big" thing left to do is meet with the chef for our dinner but we aren't doing that until April. I started making a rough day of timeline yesterday that I will tighten up once we confirm ceremony start time tomorrow. I was starting to freak about having so much to do but we got a bunch crossed off in the last week or two that I'm feeling good about it Smiley smile.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have had venue set since August. There has been a lot of down time for the wedding I'm afraid of getting use to having lots of time then running around crazy later.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so exciting! We didn't have a date picked at our year out mark, but once we rolled into 2020 it felt a whole lot closer!
    Happy planning!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This month I will finally reach the one year mark 🥰 so much to do....time to get everything lined up!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am close to the 8 month mark as well! Congratulations. Your to do list sounds very similar to ours.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely! I’ll give a shout out to the company helping me as well because they’ve been fabulous!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is wonderful news! I feel like we're all so invested in your invitation journey, and I'm so glad it's finally working out. Will you share them once you've sent them?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re at 166 days! We just got our invite ordeal sorted so the next step is mailing them out at the end of February which is going to be SO EXCITING!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics