Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Online Dress Shopping

Holly, on June 24, 2018 at 16:26 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
I know there are probably tons of posts about this but I figured I'd make one because there maybe more ideas now!

So, with all my bridesmaids spread all over its just easier for us to get their dresses online. I'm looking for websites that you've heard of or have used that don't break the bank and have good quality bridesmaid dresses. I've looked on David's bridal and they just don't seem to have what I'm looking for unless I just pick for them. Also if anyone knows of popular "chain" stores that can be found all over and also have a good website to order from that would be awesome! My girls would prefer trying the dresses in first to make sure they are comfortable but we will settle if we must.

I'm still torn between picking the dress for them or just selecting the colour, fabric, etc and letting them pick a dress themselves. I'd much rather them pick their dresses!

All tips, advice and suggestions are welcome! Thank you 😊

12 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on June 25, 2018 at 14:55
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for that info! I won't be ordering them, my bridesmaids will be doing that individually so I'll pass that on to them and see what they say!
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Holly,

I ordered my wedding shoes from JJ's House and just wanted to pass on some advice just so you know what you're getting into. I really love the product I got but if you need to return anything you will be SOL. I ordered two pairs of shoes thinking I would just return whichever one I wasn't going to wear. First thing when they arrived is there was a duty on it - $35 for the two pairs so not sure what it would be with multiple dresses. Not the biggest deal but it was an expense I wasn't expecting. One of the shoes I'm absolutely in love with but the second aren't the colour they were suppose to be (ordered beige and received baby pink). When I tried to return they kind of put up a fight - I could either get 50% of the value in a coupon for the site, 30% of my money returned or pay to ship them back (would cost another $30) and they will give my money back. I also found out that although no reference to address is given on the website they are actually based out of China. I'm so happy I got my one pair of shoes but just a little buyer beware so you're not blindsided by the duties or return policy.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Ladies!!
    I have decided to use JJs House, they had the colour shade I preferred and they seem to have great reviews! 😊😊
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's for my bridesmaids lol not me
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've heard that JJ's house is really good!

I'm getting all of mine from a store front so I domt kmow first had, but I have known a couple of people who have used it and had good experiences Smiley smile
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never shopped online for Wedding dress. That’s certianly different.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to David’s Bridal yesterday and the experience wasn’t that great, but my girls found the styles they liked. I went online to KF Bridal and found similar dresses for cheaper. Right now they have a 40% off with free shipping to Canada until July 3rd. Other brides from here told me they got their dresses from there.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome thanks ladies
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve seen some gorgeous ones on lulus and the price was great!
  • Bianca
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked mine for my ladies from the site Lulus.com. I did have to pay in USD but converted into CAD I paid about $100 per dress which is really reasonable. Before I decided on that I was looking at ASOS and David's bridal. Depending on the theme of your wedding you can also maybe look on fashionnova, or shein. Mine was a beach theme so I was focusing on flowy and beachy but the fabric of the dresses I got is really nice quality
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try ASOS. I was a bridesmaid last year and we got our dresses from there.
  • K
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe at hudson bay? or nordstrom?

and i think its fair to pick the dresses for them if you stay within they're personal price points. however i also think its nice when they have the option to pick , because it sometimes sucks when you don't have an option on what to wear and they want to feel good about their dress on your day too!

it might be easier too if you pick 5-7 dresses that you would like (depending on how many girls, and if you want them all in the same dress) and saying here are some options, if you like/buy one let me know, and then kind of going from there- finding a couple different options if needed, or if it gets to the point saying "if you can't pick/find one youll have to just deal with the one i pick"

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics