Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katie
Frequent user June 2023 Ontario

One photographer vs two photographers

Katie, on December 12, 2021 at 09:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi everyone!
Wondering peoples thoughts on two photographers vs one photographer. Just trying to decide if we go with a photographer with one shooting or two.
Thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 26, 2021 at 22:57
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two photographers are great for different views as other shots can be taken as the one is focused on you. Its amazing you got a duo team that is a couple in a relationship.

The price we paid for the photographer, a second photographer was brought to the venue and a great team being funny too.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you getting ready at the venue? That's what we did and one shooter was more than enough. But if you want getting ready photos of both sides and you're getting ready far away from each other, I would suggest hiring two.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so great to hear! Smiley heart

• Shauna
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We originally booked just one, but our photographers are a girlfriend/boyfriend couple and we liked how they each had a slightly different style so we ended up booking them both. I think it was a good decision because we were able to get cool shots from different angles during the ceremony etc. and they were able to capture some more candid shots.
  • Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! Very helpful Smiley smile
  • Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I think we have decided we want two photographers for the getting ready portion and ceremony Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are having two photographers since it comes with our package. Even before looking for photographers, we agreed that we wanted two. That way we're able to get photos of both of us getting ready before the ceremony since we're getting ready at separate places and we're able to get just family photos done as well. Also with two photographers, they're able to get a lot of different angles and photos at the same time something to think about. Sometimes photographers have two shooters in their packages or you can get an add on for an extra cost depending on your budget.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always love the idea of a 2nd shooter. It can make the photos go so much as Carmel stated. When we booked our photographer we were on a very tight budget and she didn't offer a 2nd shooter at the time. But now she does and I'm highly considering adding it.
  • Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for this great advice!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have a photographer in mind already I would ask what they think. When we spoke to photographers we had one tell us she understands the appeal of two but was very confident in her ability to get everything. That being said - we did go with two. It meant for the getting dressed photos, we had one with each of us. It also meant during formal photos one could be taking photos of the boys, one of the girls (and other situations like this). Photos went so quickly this way. We also believe some are definitely able to capture all the moments from a ceremony (guests, both of us etc) as they work so quickly, but having two the whole night to make sure everything was captured gave us piece of mind that we'd have it all. We also had one man our DIY photobooth (after dinner, speeches, etc) and take great pics for our guests (we sent them with thank you cards and emailed digital versions). Now we were lucky enough to find an amazing duo that cost the same for both as for many others with just one, so your budget also falls into play here. They were our top pic right off the bat because of their portfolio, not because there were two of them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics