Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

On A Scale Of 1-10... how helpful has your partner been with planning?

Joey, on July 29, 2019 at 07:46 Posted in WeddingWire 0 30

10 - Your partner is a superstar who has done most, if not all, of the wedding planning

1 - You are starting to suspect your partner may actively be working against you, changing their mind, changing the guest list, and definitely not making progress on their to-do list

How helpful has your partner been with planning?

On A Scale Of 1-10... how helpful has your partner been with planning? 1

Photo by Brightside Films in Toronto

>>Next question: How good are you at making quick decisions?

>>Start over: On A Scale Of 1-10

30 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on September 25, 2019 at 22:41
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10 we have planned everything together, we are getting married so both of us are planning everything together
  • Alana
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say 8 because he’s very involved and LOVES planning but he also knows how important it is to me so he hasn’t gone nuts. I’m so happy that he’s involved and supportive!
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    8 but not because he doesn't want to be involved 100%...I do a lot of the initial research and then I show him the best options and we choose together. And then there are a few things that I just wanted to do alone to surprise him 😁
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to give him a solid 7. I’ve done the research for all the vendor but he comes to every meeting and is on every phone call and email. He gives me his opinions and let’s me know when he truly cares about the decisions or if it’s something I can have the final say on.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6. He had good intentions to help, but just executed it poorly.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    8 - I've done the research because I've had the time, but he has looked through all the websites I've shown him and been to all the vendor meetings and discussed every detail with me. The only thing he's not allowed to be a part of is my dress shopping 😁
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3- He’s not causing any problems but he certainly isn’t helping 😂 oh well. I’m currently unemployed so I’ve got plenty of time to work on planning
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1.5. I love him dearly and he's great/reliable with everyday stuff...but basically ghosted wedding conversations completely for the longest time. it took me bursting into tears (after my family essentially said they wanted nothing to do with the planning or even discussing it, he hadn't been ghosting conversations too by this point for 6 months). He's also making it hard by be wishy-washy on things I know will only cause drama later. Biggest one being the kids at the wedding....He won't commit to having or not having kids invited, but judging each on a "case-by-case" if someone with kids brings it up. Problem is I know I will be fielding 99% of those calls and will have no solid explanation why Cousin "A" gets to bring their kids but no one else possibly can.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

5. I am definitely doing more but its ok.. I love it.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    5 hes not being difficult but also not being helpful. He's kind of letting me do my own thing and giving his opinion if it really matters to him (like the menu) but leaving it when he doesn't (table cloths and napkin colors lol).
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He was probably a 7. He did great but a lot of things he just would rather I dealt with.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

7. He attends all vendor meetings with me, pays half of the deposits ( we agreed to share 50/50 of the weddings costs). He is not involved with the research though. And pretty much always says "it's up to you honey" Smiley xd

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2. Sadly he wasn't into the planning as much due to seeing how much was going into the wedding and vendors that were costing as high. He did come around towards the end to pay for the bands and Officiant, though he said he would pay for the cake and didn't. I did.

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2. Considering this was the wedding he wanted, he’s done very little to contribute in any way. He’s supposed to be making our favours. I have a back-up plan just in case this goes like everything else...
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

4. He goes to meetings that I book and gives his opinions when I ask for them but I'm always the one who brings it up.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably a 5. I've done most of the planning for the social and the wedding but he always gives his opinion when I ask. And helps with tasks that I need help with. (sometimes have to ask a couple times though haha Smiley winking )

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6 - he's not dragging down my planning but he's also not super helpful. From the get-go we basically agreed that I'd handle more of the wedding planning and he'd handle more of the house renos so I knew he wouldn't be super helpful.

He has voiced some opinions and he's been helpful when I've asked for help, which is good!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    6! he’s helpful where he can be, but not extremely interested
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

5. He's great at helping when we sit down together and do tasks together, but as for doing tasks on his own since he's a procrastinator. Months ago he said he'd take on the task of designing movie posters with our engagement photos to go outside our venue. He has yet to start designing them yet. I think for us it's a bit of butting heads in how we complete tasks. At work and in my personal life if I am given a task I start on it right away regardless of when it needs to be done by. FH will get the project done by the end or "due date" but is more of a "I'll start on the project 3 days before it's due even though I've had 3 months to do it" kind of person.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

10. everytime I ask for help he's right there to do anything I need. he even took over finishing the favours for me because it was stressing me out. ugh im a lucky woman.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    5. He gave his input when asked but other than that let me do my thing!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I give him a task, he'll tackle it, which has been great. Otherwise, he's oblivious and doesn't remember half the stuff I tell him, which makes for interesting conversations with his family because he'll tell them one thing and tell me another *facepalm*

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe a 4 or a 5. In some things he rocks it and loves the planning. When it came to the cake and food he was all over it.

Anything else, he is just happy as long as I am happy, and he is no where close to a planning person!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

7, he was good in the beginning, helping me to look at vendors, etc. but he has been super lazy with his friend guest list and collecting addresses. I finally just sent all the save the dates out with the addresses I had because I got tired of waiting lol

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

9 or a 10 easily! He's had some great ideas, and it has pleasantly surprised me how much he has been involved - it's been so easy to work through different ideas and make decisions together - I'm so grateful!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like a 3 maybe haha he isn't a planning person and doesn't do things like official- he invited people by word of mouth *face palm* told him to undo it and say reception only

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hah, maybe like a 2? He’s a guy, so.....
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol. I really wanna say 1, But I have to give him some credit. He got his suit on his own and got back some rsvps, but that’s about it. He doesn’t care much - he just asks about payments and that’s it.
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Close to a 10! Him especially but we were both pretty adamant right from the start of planning that we would both have equal say in everything and so far, we have! He’s been pretty fantastic in giving me his opinions, sourcing out cool things for us, and giving me the constructive criticism when I’ve needed it.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably about a 7... he tries but doesn't always do as much as I would like. Then again, he is a dude.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics